November 7th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Have you ever maximized the calculator?

It's fun, I promise.

Saint Angeles
November 7th, 2008, 06:38 AM

heehee

zmjjmz
November 7th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Heh, reminds me of my brožer's big novelty calculator.
I use Qalculate šough.

undoIT
November 7th, 2008, 06:43 AM

heehee

Speaking of fun, that KillBang Wow! theme is absolutely fantastic! I just wish Gnome had better support for dark themes. OOo, Firefox and others don't like to cooperate.

Saint Angeles
November 7th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Speaking of fun, that KillBang Wow! theme is absolutely fantastic! I just wish Gnome had better support for dark themes. OOo, Firefox and others don't like to cooperate.
thank you so much.

although, some morons gave me a couple bad ratings as soon as i uploaded it. i've lost faith in humanity.

undoIT
November 7th, 2008, 06:53 AM
thank you so much.

although, some morons gave me a couple bad ratings as soon as i uploaded it. i've lost faith in humanity.
I might be embarrassed if there was a tally for the hours I've spent on gnome-look searching for themes. I think I've tried almost all of the decent dark themes. This one is definitely in the top 3, if not top 2. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.

Saint Angeles
November 7th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I might be embarrassed if there was a tally for the hours I've spent on gnome-look searching for themes. I think I've tried almost all of the decent dark themes. This one is definitely in the top 3, if not top 2. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.
thats because i uploaded it a couple hours ago! haha!

please give me a good rating because i'm vain and i have low self esteem.

lisati
November 7th, 2008, 06:59 AM

heehee

07734 (http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=92458)

beercz
November 7th, 2008, 01:39 PM

Hint - turn your calculator upside down.

The last one is my daughter's name btw.

Oh to be a pre-teen schoolboy again :-)

beercz
November 7th, 2008, 01:40 PM

It's fun, I promise.

No, why is it fun?

Or am I missing something?

mr.propre
November 7th, 2008, 01:41 PM
To bad it doesn't support full-screen :(

mediax
November 7th, 2008, 01:43 PM
If 142 Iraqis fight 154 Iranians for 69 days over 5 oilwells, who's the winner ? Calculators allowed.

[key into calculator 14215469 * 5 = and invert calculator - or stand on head to view computer screen]

majabl
November 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM

It's fun, I promise.

Nope. How about a screenshot for those of us stuck on work computers running Windows...?

undoIT
November 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
No, why is it fun?

Or am I missing something?

Look at dee buttons. Dey are HUGE!

:shock:

undoIT
November 7th, 2008, 05:46 PM
If 142 Iraqis fight 154 Iranians for 69 days over 5 oilwells, who's the winner ? Calculators allowed.

[key into calculator 14215469 * 5 = and invert calculator - or stand on head to view computer screen]
My calculator has never been so right ;)

Seriously though, now that Obama is in office he needs to solve this problem, and solve it fast.

beercz
November 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Look at dee buttons. Dey are HUGE!

:shock:
I noticed that (as if I could miss it) - but I still don't get why it's fun.

Never mind, move on....

undoIT
November 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I guess I'm easily entertained :P

When I first accidentally maximized the calculator, I didn't even recognize what it was for a second. My brain couldn't encompass the magnitude of the buttons.

tom66
November 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Try adding up a row and it's reverse (e.g. 789 + 987) then dividing by two. You always get a number with three identical digits in it, and the digit is always the middle digit of the row's numbers.

Works also with diagonals and horizontals. The only case it does not work with is if there is a zero included in the number.

I discovered this while I was bored, and had a scientific calculator.

undoIT
November 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Try adding up a row and it's reverse (e.g. 789 + 987) then dividing by two. You always get a number with three identical digits in it, and the digit is always the middle digit of the row's numbers.

Works also with diagonals and horizontals. The only case it does not work with is if there is a zero included in the number.

I discovered this while I was bored, and had a scientific calculator.

Dang! Now that is fun. :D

I remember those boring days sitting in class, wondering when I'm ever going to use this stuff. Trigonometry did actually have a purpose...

Calculator Fun!

SunnyRabbiera
November 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
my only real calcualtor fun back in high school was turning the calc upside down with the numbers 7734

Mr. Picklesworth
November 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM

I should point out that OpenOffice and Firefox have nothing to do with GNOME. The GNOME equivalents to those are Epiphany and Abiword / Gnumeric / Glom, which all work perfectly with whatever theme you choose because they actually use GTK instead of just pretending they do.
(Speaking of Epiphany, the version in Intrepid is quite nice. The address bar autocomplete now searches page titles in the history really quickly, just like Firefox's Awesome Bar although a tad less pretty looking).

Sorry to leap so far off topic, but it grinds my gears when people don't realize this because a lot of the people who say GNOME's interface is inconsistent are basing it on Ubuntu. It seems to be certain bug triagers' favourite argument that Ubuntu cannot change GNOME, so as soon as an issue that is actually Ubuntu's is erroneously linked to GNOME, it gets ignored by everyone.

Evolution, though, is another story. It is using GTK but you'd hardly think it. Something is seriously butchered with that thing's UI and nobody seems to care.

As for the maximized calculator: Cool!
Normally using Qalculate here, though. I don't think huge buttons are going to win me back ;)