PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "Soft-Lock" error, After upgrade it hangs on boot

littletinman
November 7th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Ok, so I upgraded my 64 bit partition and that went fine, no errors and a ton of bugs were fixed. Since i was haing some very minor issues with my 32 bit partition, which is more of my party partition for using all the newest apps, I decided to upgrade that. Well the upgrade seemed to go great, until i tried to re-boot into that partition. Now, right after "file system check" thingy while in "non-quiet" mode, it hangs sorta. There's an error that says somehting about a "Soft-lock" CPU thing and then 11s. Then, every 11 seconds, a new new line with an ever growing mount of numbers at the beggining. It does this forever.
I'd like to get my 32 bit partition back, and I will not do a complete re-install. I like to solve these problems, not give up and start over. So PLEASE help me. I'm on my 64 bit partition now, which is my primary anyways, and it's running gorgiously with Ibex!!!!!! Love it. I just want my 32 bit partition to work.

The Little Tin Man

littletinman
November 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Anyone?

SeaborneClink
November 13th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I too am having the same problems with a 32bit installation.

I'm getting a 61s soft lock, and this is after a clean install of 8.10 (downloaded straight from the website) and then a system update.

Kind of frustrating, but then again that's what you get for using RC ;)

rattis
January 28th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Currently getting the same problem. Freezes on bootup.

*configuring network intefaces... [OK]
[ 91.272004] BUG: soft lockup - CPU0 stuck for 61s! [wrapndis_wq:2394]
etc