PDA

View Full Version : How did this happen?

Riffer
November 7th, 2008, 03:22 AM
My partner has some weird things going on at work on one of the comps. I'll let her explain.

"Recently, I had to let a staff person go because she was spending 3/4 of her day (sometimes more) on facebook. Something I hated to do as I liked her but, work is work and play is play. I'll call her Jane.

Now what happened is this ... please bear with me, I'm not sure what happened or how it happened or what happened but, I am convinced that the origin is facebook.

'Jane 'was on facebook sharing photos and messages, and downloading numerous app's on our company's computer. Jane had a file folder on her desktop named "Jane Doe (her actual name was used to name the file folder)".

The odd thing is this ...

I hired a new staff, we'll call her Joan. We changed the user settings on Joan's login screen to her name - her actual name of course.

As it happens, Jane's file folder was still on the desktop (I had forgotten to remove it and I had forgotten to view the contents). For some reason Joan clicked on Jane's file folder and to her horror discovered that inside the file folder were pictures from Joan's husband's facebook profile.

At no time did Jane know about Joan. Jane was let go before Joan started so neither knew of each other.

My question in this convoluted story is this ...

Is it at all possible that Jane had a direct picture feed set up on her computer which was tagged to her login screen name so that when Joan added her name to the login screen, as the primary user, the facebook app communicated to facebook and downloaded any pictures pertaining to Joan's or Joan's husband's profile?

I am going squirrelly trying to figure this out. Joan now is convinced that I downloaded the pics and am a stalker- no, I am not kidding here. And now, Joan, who was an outstandingly perfect person for this position has today quit her job.

I am left trying to explain this to my Board of Directors and although I am utterly convinced that this is computer/internet and likely facebook related, I am at an utter loss as to how to explain this.

I know this is odd. I am desperate as I am not a stalker, I take my job and the care of my staff very seriously and this is a hard accusation to have laid at my feet."

zmjjmz
November 7th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Isn't it entirely possible that Jane was just friends with Joan's husband?

tdrusk
November 7th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Maybe Jane is having an affair with Joan's husband. Maybe Jane is stalking her husband.
Weird.

OutOfReach
November 7th, 2008, 03:35 AM
As the two above me had said, Jane was either friends with Joan's husband or having an affair with him

jimi_hendrix
November 7th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Maybe Jane is having an affair with Joan's husband. Maybe Jane is stalking her husband.
Weird.

i heard something a while back...a woman wanted to met men so she joined a dating site, her first date was with her husban, who signed up on the website too without each other knowing...both used aliases...

LaRoza
November 7th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Here is what you don't do, don't speculate and don't lie. If you don't know, say so. Don't offer random explanations like a guilty party.

If you had nothing to do with it, the simplest and most logical solution would be the first person knew the second's husband. If that cannot be eliminated, then it is most likely the solution. And since it is no longer work related, but private domestic issues, it should be kept in their homes, not at work.

brunovecchi
November 7th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Facebook is creepy. I try to stay out of it.

Jim!
November 7th, 2008, 04:18 AM
So many theories...... so little time. MAYBE! JUST MAYBE!....Who am I kidding we all know Jane was having an affair with Joans husband, while stalking him at the same time! Or it was some weird facebook app..

Riffer
November 7th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Well we have no clue what was or is going on, its just so strange.

Jim!
November 7th, 2008, 05:02 AM
You've been framed!

Sporkman
November 7th, 2008, 05:09 AM
i heard something a while back...a woman wanted to met men so she joined a dating site, her first date was with her husban, who signed up on the website too without each other knowing...both used aliases...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3onUJYdyzA

jimi_hendrix
November 7th, 2008, 05:23 AM
exactly

tdrusk
November 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I wish this thread was concluded.

Maybe she was on her husbands facebook using this app?
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/09/15/download-all-your-tagged-facebook-pics-with-a-new-app/

eternalnewbee
November 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
How did this happen?
My partner has some weird things going on at work on one of the comps. I'll let her explain.

"Recently, I had to let a staff person go because she was spending 3/4 of her day (sometimes more) on facebook. Something I hated to do as I liked her but, work is work and play is play. I'll call her Jane.

Now what happened is this ... please bear with me, I'm not sure what happened or how it happened or what happened but, I am convinced that the origin is facebook.

'Jane 'was on facebook sharing photos and messages, and downloading numerous app's on our company's computer. Jane had a file folder on her desktop named "Jane Doe (her actual name was used to name the file folder)".

The odd thing is this ...

I hired a new staff, we'll call her Joan. We changed the user settings on Joan's login screen to her name - her actual name of course.

As it happens, Jane's file folder was still on the desktop (I had forgotten to remove it and I had forgotten to view the contents). For some reason Joan clicked on Jane's file folder and to her horror discovered that inside the file folder were pictures from Joan's husband's facebook profile.

At no time did Jane know about Joan. Jane was let go before Joan started so neither knew of each other.

My question in this convoluted story is this ...

Is it at all possible that Jane had a direct picture feed set up on her computer which was tagged to her login screen name so that when Joan added her name to the login screen, as the primary user, the facebook app communicated to facebook and downloaded any pictures pertaining to Joan's or Joan's husband's profile?

I am going squirrelly trying to figure this out. Joan now is convinced that I downloaded the pics and am a stalker- no, I am not kidding here. And now, Joan, who was an outstandingly perfect person for this position has today quit her job.

I am left trying to explain this to my Board of Directors and although I am utterly convinced that this is computer/internet and likely facebook related, I am at an utter loss as to how to explain this.

I know this is odd. I am desperate as I am not a stalker, I take my job and the care of my staff very seriously and this is a hard accusation to have laid at my feet."
I'm sorry. I don't want to make fun of you, but after reading this, the first thing I thought was: It's a small world after all...