PDA

View Full Version : Terminal- Bash question

CTD12
November 7th, 2008, 02:38 AM
I need help on setting up the bash function in terminal. I am very new to terminal and never have taken courses using terminal or any kind of command prompt... just looked on the internet to find command lines i need. But what i need to know is how i can set up a text file to bash into with a command line that has multiple changes at the end of the command.
Example: i need to change my mac address at school so i can bypass the firewalls. I have five or six mac addresses that the schools firewall accepts but sometime one works and other don't so i would like to set up a text file that has the command: sudo ifconfig en1 ether with the 5-6 addresses in a list under to choose from. What i have to do right now is create 6 different txt files and bash into each one. Is their a way to put all 6 mac addresses together so that i only have to bash one txt file and choose which mac address i would like to connect to the command?
thanks for any feedback sorry if confusing,
CTD12

CTD12
November 7th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I need help on setting up the bash function in terminal. I am very new to terminal and never have taken courses using terminal or any kind of command prompt... just looked on the internet to find command lines i need. But what i need to know is how i can set up a text file to bash into with a command line that has multiple changes at the end of the command.
Example: i need to change my mac address at school so i can bypass the firewalls. I have five or six mac addresses that the schools firewall accepts but sometime one works and other don't so i would like to set up a text file that has the command: sudo ifconfig en1 ether with the 5-6 addresses in a list under to choose from. What i have to do right now is create 6 different txt files and bash into each one. Is their a way to put all 6 mac addresses together so that i only have to bash one txt file and choose which mac address i would like to connect to the command?
thanks for any feedback sorry if confusing,
CTD12

reality1011
November 7th, 2008, 04:01 AM
MAC addresses are hardware identification, normally unique to a computer...

IP addresses sounds like what you are trying to change..

Big difference

overdrank
November 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Hi and the forum is not the place to ask to bypass restrictions at school. Thread closed.

bapoumba
November 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Example: i need to change my mac address at school so i can bypass the firewalls...
Circumventing local school rules will not be supported here, sorry. I'm closing the thread and will move it out from Apple sub-forum to General Help.

bapoumba
November 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Good to see we are on the same page overdrank :)
Merged the other closed thread in this one.