PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] setting up a fax server off of Ubuntu 8.04

kustomjs
November 7th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Guys
I just got done installing Ubuntu 8.04 on to a other computer and I want to turn it into a fax server and I am using a old P3 with 384 memory with 80gb hard drive and I am using Agere Systems LT WinModem and I am just wondering how can I get it setup on the server.

kustomjs
November 7th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I am also trying to setup avantfax and I am getting this error:

Warning: require_once(MDB2/Driver/mysql.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/avantfax/includes/SQL.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'MDB2/Driver/mysql.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/avantfax/includes/SQL.php on line 20

I am also trying to get the address of 206.51.165.11/avantfax and its on 2 different servers how do I get it to work?

kustomjs
November 7th, 2008, 06:08 AM
anybody?

mamut0o1
November 14th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I am also trying to setup avantfax and I am getting this error:

Warning: require_once(MDB2/Driver/mysql.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/avantfax/includes/SQL.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'MDB2/Driver/mysql.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/avantfax/includes/SQL.php on line 20

I am also trying to get the address of 206.51.165.11/avantfax and its on 2 different servers how do I get it to work?

Did you install these packages:
apt-get install apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils apache2.2-common \
libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libaprutil1 libpq4 libsqlite3-0 php5-cli php5-common \
mysql-server imagemagick libtiff4-dev netpbm libnetpbm10-dev libungif-bin \
libungif4-dev sudo postfix php-mail php-mail-mime php-file php-db php5-mysql \
psutils wdiff

??

rev0lv3r
November 15th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Before you start, have you made sure your Winmodem is compatible with linux?

kevdog
November 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
LT Winmodems are notoriously hard to get working with linux. I did for a short time get mine working with the efax package. There were instructions on the site at that time how to get it working. A lot of work however had to be done on how to get the LT winmodem working. It was over a year ago when I did this. I'm sorry I don't remember the instructions. Google is your friend.