PDA

View Full Version : Too much of gadgets and netbook production

jeyaganesh
November 6th, 2008, 10:17 PM
From the news, I see there is too much of production of gadgets and netbook these days. In engadget.com alone, you can see 3 or 4 netbooks daily. In my opinion, it is not a healthy trend. If these gadgets are not selling or not reaching the people properly , then they will have loss. Their economy will collapse in few years.:confused:

Jdm111
November 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
From the news, I see there is too much of production of gadgets and netbook these days. In engadget.com alone, you can see 3 or 4 netbooks daily. In my opinion, it is not a healthy trend. If these gadgets are not selling or not reaching the people properly , then they will have loss. Their economy will collapse in few years.:confused:

I agree, There are alot, But only 2 Ubuntu netbooks? come on seriously we are the BEST distro!

LaRoza
November 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
It is their problem, not ours.

I think a place like "endgadget" would show a surplus because that is its purpose from the name isn't it?

If one were to follow every single new cell phone to come out, I bet it would look like the world is drowning in cell phones.

MaxIBoy
November 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I agree, There are alot, But only 2 Ubuntu netbooks? come on seriously we are the BEST distro!
I wouldn't go that far, but Ubuntu (or a derative like Mint) would be the best choice for people new to Linux.

jeyaganesh
November 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
But over production, too much of bank loans and things like this lead to the economic break down of the world.

LaRoza
November 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
But over production, too much of bank loans and things like this lead to the economic break down of the world.

I don't think netbooks will bring about the next depression ;)

It is all about money that ever existed, and in this case, it exists.

Warpnow
November 6th, 2008, 11:14 PM
There aren't that many models of netbooks when you compare the models to cell phone, normal laptops, televisions, dvd players, ect, ect, ect.

If anything, there are too few netbooks.

None of them ones out are like I want.

I want:

1. Low Space with Expansion (keep price down).
2. Low Powered CPU
3. Big Battery Life

None offer those combos. High end ones are too expensive, Low End ones have **** battery life.

I'd like to get an old *** Psion, but I can't justify it at the moment.

jay576
November 6th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Considering engadget works globally and alot of the gadgets are marketed only in select areas and then a good portion of these products don't actually get released. And the netbook thing is because unlike a normal notebook there is some customization before you order but they change the size of a hard drive and it gets posted as its own product

LaRoza
November 6th, 2008, 11:56 PM
1. Low Space with Expansion (keep price down).
2. Low Powered CPU
3. Big Battery Life

None offer those combos. High end ones are too expensive, Low End ones have **** battery life.

My Dell 910 gets 4 hours by default, and upgrading the battery can improve that. I know someone with an Acer One who gets 6+ hours on his battery.

EdThaSlayer
November 7th, 2008, 12:00 AM
For a moment I thought you were pro-environment. Just let these guys do their business and let us the consumers do what we do, buy their products if we want them. :)

Yes, we are all greedy, most of us any-ways. :KS

init1
November 7th, 2008, 02:10 AM
From what I understand, this happened in the 80's with pong games. Too many of them were made, and when new technology superseded them, they were all obsolete.