PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Abit p35-e Linux istallation problems

ubiubi
November 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Hi all

I recently installed the above mother board and sata 250 meg hard disk. XP loaded and works properly. I had pr-partitioned the disk for a dual boot system on my old am2 azus board. Infact Ihad that motherboard and the same sata disk triple booting (XP/Ubuntu/psclos) with no probs. Now with the new board the grub menu appears but it refuses to boot int either linux system. When I try to reinstall the linux systems they don't seem to recognise the hard disk. During the ubuntu install I get to page 4 where it scans the hard disk for partitioning, arrives at 48% for a minute then jumps to the next page with everything greyed out(this is the screen where you choose your partitions) i can get no further. With the pclos installation when it comes to the disk partitioning it says it cannot find any space on the hard drive.When I tried to install fedora it informed me that the volume did not exist! Come to think of it, everytime I boot into windows I keep getting annew material detection window 'volume generic' but it always fails to a driver! But at least xp functions despite it very well. Gparted recognises the hard disk and partitions and lets me alter them to my hearts content.
Basically, if anybody can push me in the right direction - i'm totally clueless!
Many thanks in advance