PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] 8.10 upgrade failure

yyyc186
November 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Well, technically, the upgrade installed and will boot. They simply nailed Evolution beyond recognition. Since I conduct a vast majority of my business via email, this is a failure.

During the upgrade this message was issued about the Evolution upgrade itself:

Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Now, when you attempt to start Evolution, it tosses up a "Migrating" box with an empty status bar for a brief instant then logs this error.

roland@roland-desktop:~$ evolution

(evolution:8788): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called with NULL parameter.

GLib-ERROR **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.18.2/glib/gmem.c:136: failed to allocate 31740376080 bytes
aborting...
Aborted
roland@roland-desktop:~$

I would have thought Evolution to actually be tested since it is the standard for that God-foresaken Gnome front end.

drifting
December 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Happened to me too. almost to the letter. doing a google search for the solution now.

Paul.

albesan
December 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Well, technically, the upgrade installed and will boot. They simply nailed Evolution beyond recognition. Since I conduct a vast majority of my business via email, this is a failure.

During the upgrade this message was issued about the Evolution upgrade itself:

Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Now, when you attempt to start Evolution, it tosses up a "Migrating" box with an empty status bar for a brief instant then logs this error.

roland@roland-desktop:~$ evolution

(evolution:8788): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called with NULL parameter.

GLib-ERROR **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.18.2/glib/gmem.c:136: failed to allocate 31740376080 bytes
aborting...
Aborted
roland@roland-desktop:~$

I would have thought Evolution to actually be tested since it is the standard for that God-foresaken Gnome front end.

hey,

Similar issue happened to me.
Found this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/291430

Scroll down to Chi's post:

Chi wrote on 2008-10-31:

I've been suffering the same problem since upgrade to Ibex from Hardy. I managed to fix it by temporarily moving my ~/.evolution folder.

1) mv ~/.evolution ~/.evolution.bak
2) Started evolution with no problems with fresh settings
3) rm -rf ~/.evolution
4) mv ~/.evolution.bak ~/.evolution

Happy to help more, just let me know how.
Nick

It worked for me, as usual use at your own risk, back up your data before you try it.

Good luck.

a.