PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Conflict with nautilus tabs and nautilus-open-terminal

divot_powell
November 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi,

I recently upgraded to ubuntu 8.10 and it's generally good so far however I have found one niggling annoyance. I have forever used the nautilus-open-terminal extension so that I can easily open a terminal in a specific directory either by right-clicking or by using the menu keyboard shortcut alt-f-t.

Unfortunately since tabbed browsing has been added to nautilus, it also uses the alt-f-t keyboard shortcut for another purpose: to open a new tab. This is quite frustrating as I now no longer have an easy shortcut key to open a terminal in a specific folder.

Is there any ways that anyone can think of to solve this? Having the ability to remove tabbed browsing would be one given I don't actually use it. Or to change the shortcut key for either the tabbed browsing or the open terminal command. Or does anyone know of another shortcut key to open a terminal in a specific folder from nautilus.

I have looked in various places online and couldn't find anything, other than comments mentioning that if tabbed browsing be introduced it should have the ability to be turned off, which if has been implemented has no documentation I can find on how to do so.

I already have a shortcut key for opening a terminal from gnome set up, but this isn't enough as it always opens in my home directory, and if I've managed to already find the specific directory I'm looking for I don't want to have to manually change to it by typing in a potentially very long location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated at this is the only thing I have found that's been annoying me with the new upgrade.

Cheers,

Dan