PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] screen resolution stuck

jesse c
November 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
i just upgraded to ibex and my nvidia driver doesnt work so my display is in low graphics mode.The problem now is that i tried to change my screen resolution settings to fit my monitor and i went the wrong way and now the image is too large to fit the screen and i cant resize it back because now the "apply" button is off screen and i cant figure out how to get to it.Is there a terminal command i can use that will work as "apply"?
thanks JESSE C

ponto18
November 6th, 2008, 12:53 PM
See this post:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=842847

I didn't read it all, but i think they solved it...try it.

jesse c
November 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Ponto thanks for reply but that didnt really help me.What i think i need for quick fix is a command that will work as the "apply" button,ill work on the nvidia fix later

jesse c
November 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
sorry but it occured to me im looking for a key pad entry not a command line entry JESSE

ponto18
November 6th, 2008, 11:59 PM
you can always try the tab button and see if you hit the right one...

jesse c
November 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
thanks PONTO the problem somehow fixed itself,or one of the links i was given reset the screen without me knowing,but the TAB button thing just might have worked.I dont think ive ever used the tab button in my life! A new problem now is that when i couldnt hit the 'apply' button i had a screen resolution option of 1240x1120 or something similar ,now my highest option is only 840x640.What happened to the higher option?

ponto18
November 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Dontīt know about that...you have to give a little more detail on that...
But i found out yet another fantastic way to hit button without the mouse.
When you have a window with the Apply, Ok and Cancel buttons, you can hit then directly by pressing Alt+A in the Apply case, or Alt+C in the cancel case! Get it? It goes wherever the first word is...it works as well to open the File, Edit, View (etc) menus as well. It's very handy..

Sorry about the late reply, i don't have an internet connection on weekends...