PDA

View Full Version : Can you make anything work?

wolfen69
November 6th, 2008, 06:49 AM
what i mean is, are you geek enough to make windows, linux, mac work if you were stuck in a corner? could you figure it out?

elmer_42
November 6th, 2008, 06:53 AM
If I was stuck in the corner, I'm not sure why I would have a computer.

lisati
November 6th, 2008, 07:01 AM
As long as it's bootable and there's enough of the built-in help in a usable state, it might be possible to do something with it.

cardinals_fan
November 6th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Most of the time. It depends on motivation. I've done some pretty crazy things and succeeded because I just worked with it until everything was good, but I've also failed miserably at simple tasks because I wasn't in the mood to work.

oedipuss
November 6th, 2008, 07:21 AM
It vastly depends on internet access. If I can search for it I'll probably do something about it, even if I'm not confident I fully understand the problem.

shazbut
November 6th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Absolutely. Now where did I put that old OS/2 Warp box?....

alwez_loner
November 6th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Yes i would if it was my PC that is not working.... As i could not do with out a PC.

But if someone else's then i have to see how much are they willing to motivate me....

OffHand
November 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I do that on a daily basis and I even get money for it. I am not sitting or standing in a corner though. I sit at a desk :)

Saint Angeles
November 6th, 2008, 08:26 AM
only if the corner has a power outlet.

billgoldberg
November 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Sure.

Insert Ubuntu cd, reboot, install, reboot.

Fixed.

wersdaluv
November 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hmmm. So far, the things I wanted to fix as far as I can remember are PDA syncing and making Garena work on Ubuntu. I think, I managed to fix everything else I wanted to.

Oh! I also wanted GNOME to look as good as KDE4 but I haven't done that yet. Hehe. I don't think if I can ever. hehe

Trail
November 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure I could get Linux to work, but I have my doubts on Windows. Seriously, apart from the usual bashing and the like, the lack of *logs*, manpages, debug messages on console and the like, seriously hurts me.