PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Anti-piracy enforcer shot dead

zmjjmz
November 6th, 2008, 05:12 AM
http://torrentfreak.com/ex-mpaa-and-ifpi-anti-piracy-enforcer-shot-dead-081105/

Now, chances are there's going to be some jerk who is going to say "the scum deserved it, locking down the internet to prevent supposed profit loss", but you have to understand that the kind of piracy he dealt with was the kind we should be worried about, i.e. truly commercial piracy.

Also, there's no connection shown between his killer and the piracy organizations he fought against, so don't jump to conclusions that because of this all piracy organizations are ruthless bastards.
It could of easily been someone else.

Nonetheless, this is quite tragic.

MaxIBoy
November 6th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I agree that anyone who tries to use his career to justify his murder is a sick screwup who needs professional help. And you can quote me on that.

Yojimbo.
November 6th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Senseless and tragic.

wirepuller134
November 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Sounds like it's news in his area, as a lot of people knew him. Any murder is a tragedy and senseless.

Sealbhach
November 6th, 2008, 12:42 PM
any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee... (C) John Donne.

EdThaSlayer
November 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah yeah, it's a tragedy.

In reality I don't really give a damn, people die every second.

Why is this even news?

I agree. But this guy chose the wrong country to stay in after all. Well, it made the news, along with many other useless things such as BBC's "pregnant women should consume less caffeine".

MaxIBoy
November 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee... (C) John Donne.

+1

Murder, from an evolutionary standpoint, almost never accomplishes anything good. Thus, it's senseless.

Sporkman
November 7th, 2008, 05:28 AM
any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde

Ubuntu.