PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Panels hidden in places

Modax42
November 6th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Still using 8.04. Whenever I open a location in "places", the new window covers up both panels, and I cannot minimize or switch windows. I have to go to "file" to close the window to work on anything else. What's going on?

habl
November 6th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I don't know why it happends, but it happends to me to sometimes. What you could do is hold your alt key, then hold your mousebutton and drag the window to somewhere so you can see the top of the window. Then you can resize the window so it fits between the two panels. I think it will remember the size when you resized it.

Edit: If it won't work, you can also try ALT+F8 to resize your window. See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KeyboardShortcuts for some usefull keyboard shortcuts.

Modax42
November 6th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Hmmm. Unfortunately this method isn't working for me. Holding down the alt key and dragging with the mouse does nothing. Possibly because the window borders aren't visible? This is really bugging me, and nothing seems to work.

EDIT: alt+f8 also does nothing.

Modax42
November 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Can anyone be of assistance here?
[Bump]

Idefix82
November 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
What window manager are you using? Have you got Compiz running or something else?

Modax42
November 6th, 2008, 08:06 PM
What the heck. I seem to have fixed it. I changed the resolution to 800x600 and then put it back to default 1280x800. and now its back to normal. So never mind! :lolflag: