PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Issues from BIOS setup

BartGunn
November 5th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Hi,
I have burned the ISO to cd, have entered BIOS setup and chosen the cd drive, the ubuntu installation menu loads, but if I select 'Install Ubuntu without making changes to your PC' or 'Install Ubuntu' or 'check disc for errors' nothing happens. I have tried with 2 different discs.
Also, I've tried double clicking on the Ubuntu logo in 'my computer' also with disc in drive and just get 'invalid cd detected'
Any ideas what I do next?
Many thanks
Bart

Partyboi2
November 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Did you check the md5sum (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM) of the iso after you downloaded it? Also make sure you burn the iso at a slow speed x4 or less.

fballem
November 5th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hi,
I have burned the ISO to cd, have entered BIOS setup and chosen the cd drive, the ubuntu installation menu loads, but if I select 'Install Ubuntu without making changes to your PC' or 'Install Ubuntu' or 'check disc for errors' nothing happens. I have tried with 2 different discs.
Also, I've tried double clicking on the Ubuntu logo in 'my computer' also with disc in drive and just get 'invalid cd detected'
Any ideas what I do next?
Many thanks
Bart

Whoops, forget this post. I was going to suggest something, but it was the product of a 'space cadet' moment.

Partyboi2
November 5th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Whoops, forget this post. I was going to suggest something, but it was the product of a 'space cadet' moment.
I have plenty of those :lolflag: