PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] How do I hide the BT Icon permanently ?

mixim
November 5th, 2008, 10:49 PM
So when I hook up my BlueTooth dongle off course the blue BT icon appears in the notify-area. Going in to preferences and selecting "Never display icon" hides it, but only until next reboot where I have tp repeat the procedure to hide it.

Is there a way to hide the icon permanently, but still keeping the BT functionality intact?

Funny thing is, this is exactly the same annoying way the icon works in Vista!

iamyourdemize
January 27th, 2009, 07:38 PM
So when I hook up my BlueTooth dongle off course the blue BT icon appears in the notify-area. Going in to preferences and selecting "Never display icon" hides it, but only until next reboot where I have tp repeat the procedure to hide it.

Is there a way to hide the icon permanently, but still keeping the BT functionality intact?

Funny thing is, this is exactly the same annoying way the icon works in Vista!

I know this is old but I have the exact same problem. I can hide it until I reboot and then it appears again. Not a problem really, just an annoyance.

mixim
January 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Well I "Solved" it by removing BT from services. I don't use it that often and it only takes a few secs to enable it. Funny thing is, it's exactly the same behaviour as in Vista or XP, BT icons don't like to be hidden for some reason :P