PDA

View Full Version : Discharge

crispingatiesa
November 30th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Dear Ubuntites:

This is an apology.

I was contacted by the forums administrators regarding my previous signature that was considered againts the rules of the forums.

Although, I sent a personal reply to them, I believe that maybe some members of the forums could have felt offended by my former signature as well, therefore, I consider my duty
firstly to apollogize to any member who could have felt offended my the signature and secondly to copy my reply to the administrators in here as a discharge.

You may see that everything was misunderstanding.

Dear .....:

Sorry, if I offended someone with the use of my signature... but I believe that if somebody got offended he missed the point altogether.

The signature is a quote from Joseph Heller's masterpiece Catch 22 and it is in fact an statement against racism by means of sarcasm.

If you analize the quote and read the book you'll realize that is precisely an indian (a minority representative) who is making the statement. And the objective of the statement in the book and its use of the quote as my signature is to make a remark that racism is always present in some ways within ourselves as human and therefore we should be more accepting of the differences.

PS: I'm myself part of a minority.

Crispin.

Brunellus
November 30th, 2005, 09:01 PM
"My kingdom for a horse" is Richard III, act V.

crispingatiesa
November 30th, 2005, 09:17 PM
"My kingdom for a horse" is Richard III, act V.

Good catch.

I have to admit that I have only read shakespeare under extreme compelling (i.e. a test next day)

So could you provide me with a quote from Henry the VIII..

o better what about this as signature:

Apres moi , le deluge

Loius XV

PS: I'm not a metheorologist

Brunellus
November 30th, 2005, 09:21 PM
if it must be in French, how about:

Linux? Il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher.

crispingatiesa
November 30th, 2005, 10:31 PM
I don't know 'bout that one, some people could interpret it as me qualifying linux as sub-par and expensive.

What 'bout in spanish.

!Que viva la Pepa! or in Texan Vote for Pedro!