PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I enable 4 desktops in 8.10

farmer ck
November 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I have the default 2 desktops enabled but how do I change it to 4 desktops? In 7.10 if I'm not mistaken all you had to do was right-click on the desktop switcher on the bottom taskbar and it had an option there but unless I'm missing something, I just don't see it. Thanks for the help folks.

eldragon
November 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I have the default 2 desktops enabled but how do I change it to 4 desktops? In 7.10 if I'm not mistaken all you had to do was right-click on the desktop switcher on the bottom taskbar and it had an option there but unless I'm missing something, I just don't see it. Thanks for the help folks.

right click on the desktop switcher, (down to the right), and click on preferences.

there you can add more workspaces

farmer ck
November 5th, 2008, 08:53 PM
That's what I thought too, but for some reason mine don't have that option under preferences.
:confused:

john183
November 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
In the workspace switcher preferences either add more rows or colunms and it will automatically add the workspaces to fill that grid size. If you want 4 desktops either set it to 4 columns and 1 row or 2 columns and 2 rows.

michaelramm
November 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
How do I change the names from the default Desk1, Desk2, etc? I have seen where you can do it with the Workspace Names list, but I cannot find that list anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

timjohn7
November 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Double-click on the names in the list and edit them to what you want.