PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Customize Evolution toolbar?

quirks
November 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Simple question, but I can't find the answer:
Is there a way to add/remove buttons in the toolbar of Evolution? Specifically, I would like to add a "Mark as Unread" button to it. I apologize, if the answer is obvious, but while googling and searching the forums, all I could find, is a post with no replies (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=399373).

Thanks.

habl
November 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure, but I'm affraid it ain't possible. Atleast their isn't a configuration dialog for the toolbar. I searched for the xml files of evolution but couldn't find anything for the toolbar. You could sniff around in /usr/share/evolution/2.xx/ (change xx to your Evolution version number), maybe you have more luck.

quirks
November 5th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Thank you for this valuable hint! I found a file /usr/share/evolution/2.22/ui/evolution-mail-message.xml. At the bottom there is a section

<dockitem name="Toolbar">
<!-- ... toolbar buttons ... -->
</dockitem>
I manually added the button there (after making a backup of the original file, of course). Unfortunately, Evolution does not load the icon, although there is an icon of the needed size in /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/actions.

But still, thank you. At least, one is able to remove buttons, without any issues, this way.

BenTX
August 17th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I second this; having grown accustomed to the "Mark as unread" button in Outlook, especially in individual email messages...