PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.10 Power Management bug?

tom.geno
November 5th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I just installed 8.10 desktop version on my Thinkpad R61. The install ran clean and all the hardware except the finger print reader is supported. Since this is a laptop, it would be nice if I could suspend when I close the lid. I set this up in Power Management and indeed, it will suspend when I close the lid. Here is the problem, when I open the lid it will not come out if suspension. I can see the hardware wireless, bluetooh, and power indicators light up (these are the built-in lights), but the screen is blank and the system is unresponsive. If I hit the power button, it just reboots.

It's always been the little things that have kept me from switching full-time to linux, so I hope I am doing something wrong here.

thanks,

Tom

kevr
July 6th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I'd like to add that I'm having problems with the Ubuntu power management on 9.04, even though I set it to never turning off the display while in AC plugged in mode, it does turn off the display about 15 minutes after I leave it, which is in the Battery mode settings. It seems like it's not detecting my AC plugged in (although the battery icon sees it as plugged in and charging).

Any experts, please help us out. :P