PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Allow full window movement in GNOME desktop

gonzalez_cz
November 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hello, I am wondering if is possible to customize Gnome behaviour as Openwin behave. The most needed feature for me is that window is possible to drag and move by clicking on any of it's border, not only on top of the window. Also would be great if is possible to unlock top of the desktop, so window can be partially moved over the top of the screen border. Have anyone any advice? I have it for quite special purposes and any tips could make my life much easier :)

Thanks a lot...

Kevbert
November 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Are you using compiz ? If so, you may have snapping windows selected. Also you could try autohide for the task bar properties (that might allow you to use more of the viewable window).

gonzalez_cz
November 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Actually I am not using Compiz, unfotunately I cannot use them. Computer is used in one power plant and I have to use only 'authorized' packages, so I can use only clear Gnome environment. I have configured autohiding of the panel, but still I can move windows over right, left and bottom, but not over the top border of screen. I think these settings are missing in gnome configuration :confused:

m_duck
November 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM
If you hold alt, then you can left click and drag the window from anywhere where ever you want. As for the not being able to move windows over the top border of the screen I have no idea. I'd never noticed it before.