PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual Monitor

tuxsheadache
November 5th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I am trying to run dual monitors, one 23" widescreen TV (1280x768) and one 19" LCD (1280x1024), but cannot get the ATI Catalyst Control Centre to do this. It can mirror the screens, but that is not very helpful as one is widescreen and one is normal. The main problem seems to be making it realise they are two seperate resolutions. Any help would be lovely, I have tried reading other articles, but they all seem to be nVidia based, and the ATI website is not much help. I have an ATI Radeon 2600XT, and have installed the proprietary drivers, which work perfectly except for this issue. I am also running compiz, which I would like to keep if possible, but realise it may conflict with help given. I am also very new to the command line. Any help would be much appreciated =D

markayler
November 6th, 2008, 10:06 PM
So...i'm having a similar problem.

I'm using the ATI Catalyst Control Center to configure Multi-Display, Big Desktop "right of display1."
I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT video card but both of my monitors are the same size.

I used EnvyNG to install the driver (8.543-0Ubuntu4).

After configuring all of this it says I have to reboot for the settings to take effect, but the settings seem to take effect immediately. After reboot, they changes are lost and my monitors are cloned.