PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 1GB Nvidia GT 8600 Drivers & Installation?

Grahf
November 5th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Hello all,

I am new to Ubuntu and Linux. This is my first distribution I have ever tried through a recommendation of a friend and I have to say that I love it. I can not believe I stayed using windows for so long. I feel like my chains have been broken.

Everything is going good and at a great learning pace. The only thing I can not seem to get resolved is the installation of my Nvidia GT 8600 Drivers and my Ideazon Merc keyboard drivers.

No My display is fine, I can run the 4 desktop cube switching back and forth and web pages load instantly etc but when I am watching movies in Movie Player of VLC Player I get this flickering black line that happens periodically in the middle of the player from left to right.

I am thinking it may be a codec issue because it is only when watching movies/music. Any ideas?

The Ideazon is ok for now. I am not gaming on this Desktop yet so the keypad to th eleft is not really important but the number pad on the right is something I do use a lot and it just doesn't work. Correction. If I hit any numbers on it it launches Ubuntu help pages.Any ideas?

I am running:

Intel 3.0 E8400 6MB 64 Bit
2GB PC6400
1GB Nvidia GT 8600

Any help would be awesome. Thank you and Ubuntu ROCKS!