PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shockwave programs (not web)

Reflex86
November 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hi,
this is my first post here, so I use this to introduce myself, hello to everyone

I would like to ask about shockwave applications. I have installed windows version of firefox, and it runs shockwave web-app correctly, but I still can't run executable application that are made with shockwave. It says "This application requires Shockwave Player wich is not installed, click ok to download etc."

How can i fix it?

Thanks.

gandaran
November 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
what do you need, a stand alone flash player? (not the firefox plugin)
you can find two in synaptic gnash and swfdec players or you can get one from adobe http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

edit: are you running windows firefox in wine?

Reflex86
November 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I need to use shockwave, not flash.. it is an executable that has shockwave animation

edit: yes, using wine and used windows firefox to install shockwave.
It seems that shockwave is installed, but my program can't find it when launching.
(the program is a windows .exe and it runs through wine)

gandaran
November 4th, 2008, 07:39 PM
aborted

Reflex86
November 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM
up

Reflex86
November 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
up

binbash
November 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I think you made the exe file some software like flash pro.Please upload the file to rapidshare or some web hosts if IT is not private (or a preview with exe), i will check it and write a solution to you if it is possible to run.

Bablefish
November 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I know what your talking about, I have shockwave installed on my Windows PC and there are some sites I just can't go to on my Linux PC because of that issue. Namely Nick.com the site just does not load right. As far as I found Shockwave (which some people think is also Flash) like Quicktime simply does not exists for any version of Linux

gandaran
November 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM
As far as I found Shockwave (which some people think is also Flash) like Quicktime simply does not exists for any version of Linux
if shockwave is not flash then what is it? as far as I know there are two types of flash, flash videos (.flv files) and shockwave (.swf files) both can be played in firefox with the standard adobe flash for linux, I have many of these .swf files and can view any of them in firefox.
I also have an adobe stand alone player for linux installed, which only plays shockwave files and not flash videos.

Reflex86
November 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I think you made the exe file some software like flash pro.Please upload the file to rapidshare or some web hosts if IT is not private (or a preview with exe), i will check it and write a solution to you if it is possible to run.

Thanks very much. You can download it here (ed2k://|file|[Corso%20-%20ITA]%20-%20Lezioni%20Multimediali%20Di%20Analisi%20Matemat ica%201%20E%20Geometria%20Cd2.rar|512426800|4D8FC5 110E0358D71BD27DCCA67C7DF1|/).

I hope there is a solution :)

Reflex86
November 13th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I also have an adobe stand alone player for linux installed, which only plays shockwave files and not flash videos.

mmm name?

gandaran
November 13th, 2008, 05:06 PM
mmm name?
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
go to this line
Download the Linux debugger and standalone players (TAR.GZ, 11.4 MB)

inside are three packages, the firefox flash and two stand alone players