PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] FUSA has no shutdown options

tjajab
November 4th, 2008, 04:07 PM
When I installed Intrepid Ibex fresh at home, I got the new FUSA applet with status changing, guest session, and power options (reboot, suspend, shutdown et cetera). At work, I upgraded my machine from Hardy and after some NVIDIA problems I got it to work. The FUSA applet however, only allows me to change statuses, to switch to guest session, or to log out (i.e. no power options).

1. How could I get the various power/boot options there?
2. If 1. is unsolvable, is there any way to get the shutdown button applet in the upper right corner? It seems as if the upper right part of my panel is unmodifiable. It could also be, that the panel is a separate panel, but I cannot reach it, as it is crowded (right clicking only brings up options for the applet I am clicking, and there is no empty space for me to bring up the add to panel option).

ps. when I switch to guest session, the normal running guy appears with the power/boot options.

ps again. when I add the logout applet (the green running guy), it just shows logout or switch user (no shutdown, restart et cetera options)

pps. I managed to order the applets as I wanted them to be ordered, but I still miss the shutdown options from FUSA, which was the main problem I had.

tjajab
November 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM
bump.

tjajab
November 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM
This miraculously solved itself, probably by one of the updates.