PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery of the Mona Lisa: Solved!

ultratot
November 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Hello everybody!

I've come up with a new interpretation of Leonardo DaVinci's famous painting, the Mona Lisa, and I'm curious what people think.
If you're bored and have an extra minute, take a look at http://darkmusic.coolpage.biz/index.php?q=node/19 and tell me if you think this makes sense.

Thanks

Saint Angeles
November 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
hell yeah!

i left the first comment... on both sites!

i win!

billgoldberg
November 4th, 2008, 12:32 PM
While I don't agree with your theory, it was fun to read.

lukjad007
November 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Let me think about it.... Naaaah.

tdrusk
November 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I think there is a mathematical equation that will give us the Longitude and Latitude of a place on the earth, which will then lead us on an epic journey to find the greatest treasure in history again, again.

Eisenwinter
November 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hello everybody!

I've come up with a new interpretation of Leonardo DaVinci's famous painting, the Mona Lisa, and I'm curious what people think.
If you're bored and have an extra minute, take a look at http://darkmusic.coolpage.biz/index.php?q=node/19 and tell me if you think this makes sense.

Thanks
This does make sense, and I actually agree to some extent with this theory.

EdThaSlayer
November 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM
It's quite amazing though,that smile. Just imagine the thousands of man-hours researchers and artists have put into trying to understand that smile. Very plausible prediction that you have, yet it lacks "flavor", "introspectiveness", yet is the truth. :popcorn:

the yawner
November 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Mmm... Give it another 5 years or so then come back and re-think this theory of yours. I think.

chucky chuckaluck
November 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
a quote from fernando botero - "an artist is attracted to certain kinds of form without knowing why. you adopt a position intuitively; only later do you attempt to rationalize or even justify it."

as the son of a painter and a hack artist myself and someone who has known a lot of artists and musicians, good and bad, i think botero describes the most common way of thinking of the creative process. with exception, i don't think the creative artist sets out to hatch a plot such as you describe. i believe it's more like throwing a bunch of asterisks at a wall and working with what seems to stick out the most. keith richards once described his song writing method, thusly "i play a song until i make a mistake that sounds interesting. i go from there" (or, something like that). the 'mona lisa', in my view, was just a painting to da vinci. what has been said about it since seems to be fabricated out of whole cloth by its various observers.

btw, here's botero's own version of mona lisa (right up there with nat king cole's)...

http://digilander.libero.it/EvA_LuNa_RaCcOnTa/botero-Mona%2520Lisa%2520Monalisa.jpg

Saint Angeles
November 5th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Mmm... Give it another 5 years or so then come back and re-think this theory of yours. I think.
why?

init1
November 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Could be... or it could just be a painting of a woman ;)

PryGuy
November 5th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Strange conclusion... Well, I've heard they've found a person that pretty sure was a prototype of this painting. That was DaVinci neighbour's wife.

the yawner
November 5th, 2008, 10:21 AM
why?
Time/experience has a tendency to influence perspectives, which open up other avenues of thought. That or maybe some good old fashion research.