PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Mouse axis flip with Intrepid

grahamrjuk
November 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
With Hardy I was able to invert one of my mouse axes and then flip X and Y effectively roatating the mouse by 90 degrees.

With the new input set-up in X with Intrepid I can't yet find a way to do that.

I see info on a number of ways to alter mouse behaviour (HAL, XRandR etc) but the docs I find are not clear enough to suggest how to do the axis flip.

Any help is much appreciated :-)

judas3000gold
December 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM
me too, i'm on a asus eeepc and i can rotate the screen so i can hold it like book, but the touchpad is not rotated, which makes it really difficult to operate

coCoKNIght
July 9th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Subscribing. I want to be able to invert up and down in order to be able to play good old cyberia. Have tried a bit with xorg and hal but to no avail...

Afaik the mouse directions are treated like buttons. If so, remapping the buttons would do what we want. I think the Logitech Marble Mouse USB (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Logitech_Marblemouse_USB) article in the Community Docs is quiet interesting, but although I was able to rearrange the buttons, I wasn't able to change the axes yet...

diegorodriguezv
October 31st, 2009, 07:58 AM
I'm in the same situation.

In Hardy I can invert my Genius Traveler 350 trackball with the following section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
# Invert Axes
Option "InvX" "1"
Option "InvY" "1"
# Invert wheel-up / wheel-down
Option "ZAxisMapping" "5 4"
# Invert middle and right mouse buttons
# Invert back and forward buttons also
Option "ButtonMapping" "1 3 2 9 8"
EndSection

But it doesn't work in Jaunty or Karmic. I'm sure that the xorg.conf file is being read because it says so in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.

My guess would be that the new ultra-fast-auto-configuration-driver-architecture loads another "mouse" driver or it loads it on the fly without passing the arguments or something like that.

Any guess? Some ideas? Pointers? Help?

Thank you.

diegorodriguezv
November 2nd, 2009, 03:54 AM
Ok. Just to let you know I now have my axes inverted in Karmic :D. Just had to use the following commands:

xinput set-button-map "KYE Traveler 350" 1 3 2 5 4 6 7 9 8
xinput set-int-prop "KYE Traveler 350" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 1 1

They do the same as the xorg.config posted above.