PDA

View Full Version : Crazy nutcase "martial arts" teacher

samjh
November 4th, 2008, 02:44 AM
OK, be warned: this is just insane stuff. :shock:

Their website is here: http://www.aikijiujitsukungfu.com/

But read this thread first: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61288

I've been learning martial arts for about 11 years and come across plenty of knobs, but this one takes the cake as the craziest of all. I'm surprised that the guy can run a business like that and not get caught by some law.

If you happen to live in that area, do not train there!

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 02:46 AM
We cannot follow links in that forum without registering. Can you give them here?

samjh
November 4th, 2008, 02:49 AM
The only relevant link in that forum thread is in my first post.

The nutcase's website is http://www.aikijiujitsukungfu.com/

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Ok, I couldn't see what the other links were.

Oh, I see that site has historical issues... A lot of catch phrases, no truth or content.

samjh
November 4th, 2008, 02:56 AM
One of the guys at Bullshido sat in on the class. His report is... interesting. Several others claimed to have trained there and the general consensus is that the guy is insane and running some kind of a cult.

I've seen enough McDojos. But an instructor who chases students with a meat hook and breaks into their homes raises the issue to a whole new level.

Greyed
November 4th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Might help if you explained what we're supposed to be looking for. I mean I trained for a little while (Aikido) but a quick skim of the page only yields two things...

1: They appear to focus mainly on the martial side of martial arts as opposed to the spiritual side. This comes with a measure of bravado and chest beating so really no surprise there.

2: I'm still trying to wrap by brain around aikijujitsukung-fu. I mean aiki jujitsu is Japanese... kung-fu is chinese. Even worse is that kung-fu isn't in and of itself a style of martial art. To use the flawed car analogy it is like combining the terms "Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX" and "German car". Which "German car?" Not just manufacturer but make and model. It makes no sense.

samjh
November 4th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Might help if you explained what we're supposed to be looking for. I mean I trained for a little while (Aikido) but a quick skim of the page only yields two things...

1: They appear to focus mainly on the martial side of martial arts as opposed to the spiritual side. This comes with a measure of bravado and chest beating so really no surprise there.

2: I'm still trying to wrap by brain around aikijujitsukung-fu. I mean aiki jujitsu is Japanese... kung-fu is chinese. Even worse is that kung-fu isn't in and of itself a style of martial art. To use the flawed car analogy it is like combining the terms "Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX" and "German car". Which "German car?" Not just manufacturer but make and model. It makes no sense.
Example: In their Pictures page... look at pic 50.

I won't link it here due to CoC reasons.

The "review":

So they all gather around the mat and start doing their line drills. They stand in place and do 30 strikes and then 30 more etc. until all the basic strikes are covered. I believe they all had horrible form, doing crazy stuff, strikes that just looked horrendous.

Higher belts are engaging in "sparring", I say sparring but it was more like role playing and was very odd. Lots of flailing, no guard, awkward kicks. It looked like they were trying to look like the movies as some jumped off the wall or followed through on lunge punches to an insane degree.

While the students were doing the drills/sparring.......sensei chased people around with various weapons. He would not hit them very hard and would telegraph with some of the heavier weapons but he would just chase some around and hit them on the back/arms with:

wiffle ball bat, 2x4, staff, knives, etc.

He would change weapons often, and even threw knives at some (they stuck in the wall).
He took out a meat hook and ripped off a students gi and scraped his back.
Nuts.

Now he did not hurt the students, he gave them time to get out of the way and I know he purposefully missed a lot, but it is nuts in my opinion and does not teach them anything.

We might take a class for fun.

He asked, so I told him, that I train and fight MMA. He told me that that was good but not really street oriented like they were, what about eye gouges and biting?

Oh yeah and BJJ is a deriviative of Snake style Kung Fu. Before judo and Fusen ryu helped make BJJ there was Snake Style.

Eisenwinter
November 4th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Man this is really intense, how can the students withstand that?

at2smithjason
November 4th, 2008, 04:02 AM
It seems like they will just let any one open up a dojo and call it what they want. I think that I am going to open one up now and call it the Goku-dan shinpoop Taw Kwon Ninja Dojo. Any takers?

zmjjmz
November 4th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Oh god their website is absolutely horrific.
It's brutal, how can their clients withstand such terrible design!?