PDA

View Full Version : On the weakly programming challenges (THIS IS NOT A CHALLANGE - JUST A QUESTION)

Pagh
November 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
Hi everybody.

I know this may sound rude - but please do not interpreted it as such - I'm only trying to learn from all the brilliant people on this forum! Not trying to sound like "Do this, do that" or whatever!!

A couple of weeks ago i read a thread about some maze generation thing and I liked it :-D there is nothing better to learn programming than examples.

So the question is - is there going to any more of these weakly programming challenges in the future (I would be very nice!)? As mentioned above it's definitely a good way of learning to see you guys code.

All the best - Kasper Roland Pagh

Ps. Hope that I made myself clear even with my relatively bad English.

LaRoza
November 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
In the history of this forum, there were several series of challenges. I am doing the beginner ones, but they aren't weekly (weekly means every week, weakly means "with weakness").

Slavik started one series for advanced, but I don't think he did more than one. Perhaps another member, or yourself, will resume such challenges?

jimi_hendrix
November 3rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Perhaps another member, or yourself, will resume such challenges?

does this mean your not doing them any more :(

LaRoza
November 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
does this mean your not doing them any more :(

No, that was aimed at the advanced one(s).

jimi_hendrix
November 4th, 2008, 12:00 AM
good...i think the challanges have made me a much better programmer (and this community in general)

slavik
November 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I was thinking of actually doing something akin to the challenges, but minus the scoring part and maybe having more of a discussion about different examples (in different language and such) ...

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I was thinking of actually doing something akin to the challenges, but minus the scoring part and maybe having more of a discussion about different examples (in different language and such) ...

Yes, I eliminated that part, and it is just for learning now the beginner challenges.