PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch top gear?

paul101
November 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
the new series has began!

its on sunday 8pm on bbc2

if you missed the first epesode: watch it HERE (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00fgb75/Top_Gear_Series_12_Episode_1/)

Joeb454
November 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
That challenge was brilliant

lisati
November 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
if you missed the first epesode: watch it HERE (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00fgb75/Top_Gear_Series_12_Episode_1/)

Looks like I'm going to have to wait:

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you.

mips
November 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to wait:

Just use a UK based proxy server.

Google 'UK proxy server' and use the one with the lowest latency. Configure your browser with the proxy settings.

Don't you guys get BBC channels in NZ? I would have thought you would seeing you are subjects of the crown etc.

ice60
November 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
it's strange - just as i read this the news summary at 9 on channel 5 leads with a story about jemery clarkson making fun of lorry drivers killing prostitutes.

i ready hate jc and that little guy too, they both have really irritating speech impediments - when jemery clarkson takes a breath he makes a really stupid sucking sound so you can hear all the phlem in his mouth and the little guy sounds like he's got a blocked up nose.

lisati
November 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Just use a UK based proxy server.

There was a thing on the local TV about Top Gear coming to NZ, with Clarkson appearing in person, maybe I can check that out too.

ice60
November 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
jemery clarkson walks in to a bar and the bar tender says "why the long face?"

lol

billgoldberg
November 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
I love top gear, just watched the new episode.

I usually download them or watch them on megavideo.

I don't like watching tv on normal hours, nor do I care to record it.

sr20ve
November 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Yes, I love Top Gear.

I've been stuck watching the kinda lame Top Gear Australia, no offense to the aussie's.

hessiess
November 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Though driving a lorry into a brick wall does seam like a pritty dumb thing to do...

aaaantoine
November 3rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
They call "seasons" "series" in Britain?

In the US we use "series" to refer to the show in its entirety, not a single year's worth of episodes. When I saw an episode the other day and they said that the series is coming to a close I was highly disappointed.

SuperSonic4
November 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, we call them series, except for US imported shows which are seasons.

But I digress, top gear was awesome, especially when Clarkson's van set on fire and Hammond's car escaped

dirtylobster
November 3rd, 2008, 11:58 PM
I love top gear.

ice60
November 4th, 2008, 01:51 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081103/tuk-clarkson-in-new-bbc-controversy-45dbed5.html

clarkson and the little guy are the two people i dislike most on tv. i'd never seen top gear, but started watching it because there are so many repeats and realised i love to hate them lol

i like how they think they're really funny, the little guy drove off twice without attaching the lorry load lol, it was so obvious he was going to do that, i love it.

i've even started pretending to laugh at their jokes, i just hope i don't end up in a mental institution because i'm not sure that's normal lol

Harry_Iyer
December 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
They call "seasons" "series" in Britain?

In the US we use "series" to refer to the show in its entirety, not a single year's worth of episodes. When I saw an episode the other day and they said that the series is coming to a close I was highly disappointed.

_

That baffles me too . . . and they have 2 of such "series" within an year. Usually, other American soaps, like LOST, have an year's gap between 2 of its "seasons"

I love top gear, just watched the new episode.

I usually download them or watch them on megavideo.

I don't like watching tv on normal hours, nor do I care to record it.

_

Same here. Although BBC does air here in India, I don't know when Top Gear is on it. Moreover, people will think I am a freak for watching it.

You see, in India, people will never be able to get their heads around 3 blokes setting things on fire just for fun. The only thing Indian people like watching on TV are family soaps with mother-in-laws setting their daughter-in-laws on fire. Trust me!

i ready hate jc and that little guy too, they both have really irritating speech impediments - when jemery clarkson takes a breath he makes a really stupid sucking sound so you can hear all the phlem in his mouth and the little guy sounds like he's got a blocked up nose.

_

If you are a girl (in the photo), and you hate Top Gear (& cars), I completely understand.

But, if you are a guy and you don't like Top Gear, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??

Just Joking. Please don't get me banned from this forum.

ajcham
December 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM
If you are a girl (in the photo), and you hate Top Gear (& cars), I completely understand.

But, if you are a guy and you don't like Top Gear, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??

But, if ice60 is a girl, surely she would like Hammond? I thought all girls liked Hammond. My little sister certainly does! (although, she also loves cars and Top Gear)