PDA

View Full Version : Can you snap

gletob
November 3rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Can you snap your fingers I can't

Warren Watts
November 3rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
I can snap the fingers on my right (dominant) hand, but I can just barely get a "click" out of my left hand.

rjmdomingo2003
November 3rd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Double-fisted!!:KS

RiceMonster
November 3rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
Yeah, both hands. I can roll my tongue and wiggle my ears too.

yabbadabbadont
November 3rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
With either of the middle fingers on both hands. I can also move my little toes without moving the others... (the strange things people learn to do when bored :D)

-grubby
November 3rd, 2008, 06:53 AM
No

lisati
November 3rd, 2008, 07:07 AM
What about wiggling noses?

-grubby
November 3rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
What about wiggling noses?

Yes

barbedsaber
November 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
snapping!
but, then it would be, broken, snapped. Why would you snap your own fingers?
:lolflag:

pp.
November 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Yes. A also can roll my tongue, wiggle my ears singly and in tandem, raise either eyebrow, wiggle my nose, spread my nostrils, shut either eye or both, cross my eyes, clap audibly with one hand (just to annoy zen koan fans) and walk a straight line or a circle.

Edit (afterthought): I also can write with a pencil on paper.

eternalnewbee
November 3rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah, both hands. I can roll my tongue and wiggle my ears too.
That's really disgusting!!
So can I..

davidkeithjones
November 3rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
That's really disgusting!!
So can I..

Me 2!

Koori23
November 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
I can't snap that well at all.

I can't whistle at all.

I can't wiggle my ears

I CAN walk on my knees

I CAN walk on my hands (free standing)

Nano Geek
November 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Yes. A also can roll my tongue, wiggle my ears singly and in tandem, raise either eyebrow, wiggle my nose, spread my nostrils, shut either eye or both, cross my eyes, clap audibly with one hand (just to annoy zen koan fans) and walk a straight line or a circle.Could you upload a video please. I'd love to see that. :)

koenn
November 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
... clap audibly with one hand ...

So, what's the sound ?

pp.
November 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
So, what's the sound ?

It's less than half the noise made when using both hands for clapping, and a bit more blurred than just snapping a finger.

Corfy
November 4th, 2008, 01:14 AM
... clap audibly with one hand (just to annoy zen koan fans)

I can do that, too. I can do the one-handed clap with both hands, although it sounds a lot better with my right than with my left.

Once for a "no talent show" I one-hand-clapped my way though a few bars of the William Tell Overture (also known as the Lone Ranger Theme).

EDIT: Found this YouTube video of a person one-hand clapping. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Q1nLwYK6E This is not me.

Chris Edgell
November 4th, 2008, 03:28 AM
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
All of 'em.

Poll, yes, but it's only with my ring fingers, and the snap is the thumb hitting the big finger.....

Tamlynmac
November 4th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Of course I can snap my fingers - how else is the dog suppose to know when to go get me a beer?
Do have to start keeping an eye on him, as I've noticed the beer is disappearing by twos since he learned this trick. I'm suspect it's him because he now barks funny and belches a lot.
:lolflag:

dustman
November 4th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Of course I can snap my fingers - how else is the dog suppose to know when to go get me a beer?
Do have to start keeping an eye on him, as I've noticed the beer is disappearing by twos since he learned this trick. I'm suspect it's him because he now barks funny and belches a lot.

I have a friend that used to buy his dog a pint of beer every time he went out. So it happened that once the dog got drunk and bit a waiter. Since then he isn't allowed to enter that bar, with or without his dog :lolflag:

And no to go off topic, yes, I can and will snap my fingers :).

pp.
November 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I'd love to see that. :)

No you wouldn't. You'd fall asleep.

Eisenwinter
November 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I can snap my fingers on both hands, but I can't whistle.

super breadfish
November 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Yes. I couldn't when I was a kid.

My big toes click too.

Thelasko
November 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM
It took me a long time to learn how. It was easy once I discovered that the sound was made by my finger hitting the palm of my hand and not from the friction between my thumb and finger.

Just press your finger against your thumb and change the angle of your thumb until your finger slides off. Don't expect it to make a loud noise at first. You don't have to press very hard.