PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Down fall from 32bit or 64bit

Lee_Machine
November 3rd, 2008, 01:24 AM
I am currently running 64bit 8.10 on my Pangolin Performance and I want to run things like Boxee and stream videos from ninjavideo.net

Both require a 32bit system. ninjavideo needing the Java-6 web plugin and IcedTea won't do and Boxee only available in a 32bit flavor.

My question is this, are there any downfalls with running a 32bit environment with 64bit hardware?

I used to do it on one of my desktops because the wireless card vendor didnt have a 64bit driver.

So will I see any drastic performance drops?

frogotronic
November 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
I am currently running 64bit 8.10 on my Pangolin Performance and I want to run things like Boxee and stream videos from ninjavideo.net

Both require a 32bit system. ninjavideo needing the Java-6 web plugin and IcedTea won't do and Boxee only available in a 32bit flavor.

My question is this, are there any downfalls with running a 32bit environment with 64bit hardware?

I used to do it on one of my desktops because the wireless card vendor didnt have a 64bit driver.

So will I see any drastic performance drops?

you should be able to force install those apps and installing lib32 libraries. Check the forums in the x64bit section

- CH