PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Liquid Weather stopped working after upgrade

Jason Spaceman
November 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10, and installed KDE 4.1 and Superkaramba. I was using Liquid Weather in Superkaramba to see the weather forecast, but it stopped working after the upgrade. Whenever I try to run it I get:

You do not have PyQT installed. This is a critical dependency for Liquid Weather ++. Please install it and try again.

I do seem to have PyQT installed though, I checked synaptic and it lists both Python-qt4 and Python-qt3 as being installed.

Any solutions?

Blackwolf_Oz
November 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Using the Add Widgets, select Install from File. Choose SuperKaramba. Click Next and find the lwp-15.0.skz. and Click Finish.

The contents of the skz will be extracted to ~/.kde4/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sk_lwp-15.0

You need to modify the file liquid_weather.py. In the method checkDependencies(widget), it tries importing qt libs, which for whatever reason fails. So comment (or remove) out the following (lines 3663-3668)

hey presto it all now works.

Hope it helps:)

Jason Spaceman
November 4th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Using the Add Widgets, select Install from File. Choose SuperKaramba. Click Next and find the lwp-15.0.skz. and Click Finish.

The contents of the skz will be extracted to ~/.kde4/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sk_lwp-15.0

You need to modify the file liquid_weather.py. In the method checkDependencies(widget), it tries importing qt libs, which for whatever reason fails. So comment (or remove) out the following (lines 3663-3668)

hey presto it all now works.

Hope it helps:)

I can't seem to find the liquid_weather.py file. When I go to .kde4/share/apps/plasma there is nothing. When I go to .kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sk_lwp-15.0 I just see two files, colors.png and lwp-15.0.skz.