PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Can't connect after upgrading 8.04 to 8.10 and KDE

dvergur
November 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hello.
I've been going through the forum and I can't find a thread that addresses my problem exactly.
As I stated already I can't connect to the internet, neither at home nor at school. KNetworkManager finds the networks fine and I set them up with the correct password in the right fields, I think. Then it will seem like it's connecting for a few seconds and if I hover over the animation it says "State: Configuration". Then it stops and goes back to disconnected.
I did "lshw -C network" and it says my wireless product is PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] from Intel and I'm running on an Acer Aspire 5680.
As you may have figured out already I'm quite new to Linux so I'd much appreciate some easy to follow suggestions and ideas.
This is really inconvenient as I can't access the homework for most of my classes unless I come down to school which is quite time consuming so I would be happy to receive any help.
Best regards,
Ívar.
Edit. After messing around with bits of advice from different threads it started working, but I have no idea why, so I hope nobody lost any sleep.