PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] could not open location "file:///home/username

swells5
November 2nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
after upgrading to intrepid ibex when I click Places>Home Folder I get the following error message.
"Failed to execute child process "avscan" (No such file or directory)"

prior to upgrading to 8.10 clean install - I created a new partition for my home folder using the instructions at
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/separatehome

In 8.04 I had clamav and avscan installed.
My home folder is accessible via the command line.
I also have a shortcut on my Desktop that opens the home folder without problem - the properties of the shortcut are simply name=home command= nautilus location=/home/username/Desktop

apt does not find avscan in 8.10 and from googling it sounds like avscan should not be installed in 8.10.

all of the links on the Places menu from >home to > videos give the same error message - from >computer down the rest of the links work normally.
I have removed all references to avscan and endeavour2 including hidden files from my computer, installed and uninstall clamav and still have the problem.

Thank you for any ideas
Steve

swells5
November 2nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
i have found one more reference to avscan in the home/username/.local file and removed that file and now everything works without problems.
Steve