PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard indicator has a ?? entry

Zalbor
November 2nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
I use two keyboard layouts: "USA International (AltGr dead keys)" and "Greece Extended". I also have a keyboard indicator on my panel, to use for changing between layouts.

Every time the computer boots, although in "Keyboard preferences" I can see only the two layouts that should be there, the keyboard indicator has a 3rd one. After the greek one if I click on it again it shows "??". If in that state I hover the mouse over it, it says it's "Greece extended" but if I type when it's selected it works like USA.
Removing a keyboard layout and readding it fixes this, but only until the next login.

tatsuno
November 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Same problem here.

Zalbor
November 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I've switched to KDE now; a similar problem is here, but only when I use the key shortcut (Alt+Shift) to change layouts. Clicking on the icon does it correctly...

tatsuno
November 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Do you use scim for Greek? I'm using it for Japanese. I wonder if that's related to the problem...

Zalbor
November 20th, 2008, 10:55 PM
No, no scim needed. It's just a different character set.

Zalbor
November 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Check if that is caused by compiz! I stopped using it (in KDE) and it's fine now.

tatsuno
December 1st, 2008, 10:33 AM
No, I'm not using compiz. But I think it's also fine for me now. Maybe they just fixed the bug...