PDA

View Full Version : Moving on and changes in life

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 04:31 AM
Hello all :-)

I've been a member of this forum for some time. My original purpose was to get and give technical support and I was eventually chosen as a moderator. I did consider not accepting it, as it wasn't really my interest to be a moderator, but I did as I figured they wouldn't have asked if they didn't need help.

Well, I guess I'd like to go back to my original purpose of helping and being helped, instead of worrying about things. I am a geek, not a diplomat :-)

My name was kept black by me because that is how I saw myself, as a regular forum member. I wish to be a regular forum member again, with everyday icons and normal forum permissions.

So, I say to all the wonderful staff, especially Joeb454 whom I respect although we often played around with name mangling, and to all the forum members, I've hoped my time as a moderator will be seen as largely positive, and the time as a member of the forum as only positive :-)

See you all around!

kernelhaxor
November 2nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
I am pretty sure all the community members do thank you for all the help you have offered here ..

May I ask why you would not like to be a moderator? Because with the amount of time you spend on this forum and with moderator abilities, you can really keep this forum nice and clean like it has been so far!

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 04:43 AM
I am pretty sure all the community members do thank you for all the help you have offered here ..

May I ask why you would not like to be a moderator? Because with the amount of time you spend on this forum and with moderator abilities, you can really keep this forum nice and clean like it has been so far!

Well, I really don't want to be a moderator in some ways, and I think it shows. It is more of a chore and I don't give it much thought, and that is not the level of professionalism that the forum staff require.

I never did anything other mods couldn't do, and most of them could do it better. The most important part of keeping the forum clean is for everday users to use the report button, which is what I did before being modified. I can still do that, and it requires less effort and is nothing that is burden some :-)

ubuntu-geek
November 2nd, 2008, 04:47 AM
Good luck Laroza and I hope to see you around :)

loell
November 2nd, 2008, 04:47 AM
have you finally gave in to your forum detractors? ;)

i doubt it.. :D

chucky chuckaluck
November 2nd, 2008, 04:48 AM
good for you, bro. the number of thanks you've gotten is reason enough to think this is a good decision. as sam snead once said "you gotta dance with who brung ya."

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 04:51 AM
good for you, bro. the number of thanks you've gotten is reason enough to think this is a good decision. as sam snead once said "you gotta dance with who brung ya."

I figured I'd go do what I do best: Help people in ABT, GE and PT. Now that I am not a mod, I miss the OPP a little... :evil:

matthew
November 2nd, 2008, 04:55 AM
We appreciate all the time and effort you have put in to helping make these forums wonderful. Thank you, LaRoza. We hope we will be privileged to continue to see you around, even without being a staff member.

kernelhaxor
November 2nd, 2008, 05:01 AM
It is more of a chore and I don't give it much thought, and that is not the level of professionalism that the forum staff require.

I understand what you're saying .. I too used to administer a forum with 100k+ users and its not simple ..

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 05:04 AM
Oh, due to my loss of permissions, and having 1500 PM's in my box, I can't get anymore.

I got up to 2000 PM's several times, and I trimmed them as I got there, but I'm way above what I should have.

I asked an admin to trim my PM's box, but since the forum is acting up, that may not be an easy task...

chucky chuckaluck
November 2nd, 2008, 05:06 AM
I figured I'd go do what I do best: Help people in ABT, GE and PT. Now that I am not a mod, I miss the OPP a little... :evil:

don't forget being good at being a forum hothead. (just don't get banned.) if you're missing PP (or whatever the asterisks it's called), you know where to go.

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 05:07 AM
don't forget being good at being a forum hothead. (just don't get banned.) if you're missing PP (or whatever the asterisks it's called), you know where to go.

I wasn't "hotheadish" before I was a mod I think :-)

Sorry about the failed PM, my inbox has 1534 PM's in it (I didn't purge fast enough, I did purge 300 yesterday).

It has to be below 500 for me to get more.

EDIT: It was just fixed. PM's work. I had an admin delete them all.

chucky chuckaluck
November 2nd, 2008, 05:14 AM
I wasn't "hotheadish" before I was a mod I think :-)

well, of course you weren't, dear boy (oy!)

no problem on the pm's.

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
well, of course you weren't, dear boy (oy!)

You'll never convince the forum, even if it were true ;)

no problem on the pm's.

Well you can send it again, if you want. I got an email saying it didn't come.

chucky chuckaluck
November 2nd, 2008, 05:23 AM
Well you can send it again, if you want. I got an email saying it didn't come.

i thought it was elinks that messed up. anyway, i've pretty much said it in this thread. you know, good decision, go with your strengths, etc.

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 05:24 AM
i thought it was elinks that messed up. anyway, i've pretty much said it in this thread. you know, good decision, go with your strengths, etc.

Ah, thanks.

ciscosurfer
November 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Ah, thanks.Or, žanks. :-)

jpeddicord
November 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Echo everyone else. Definitely hope to still see you around here, on IRC, and elsewhere. You've been a great staff and community member. :)

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 05:33 AM
Echo everyone else. Definitely hope to still see you around here, on IRC, and elsewhere. You've been a great staff and community member. :)

Just check reports ;)

I was an active reporter back before I was a mod.

FuturePilot
November 2nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
I hope to still see you around the forums, IRC, etc LaRoza. You did a great job as a mod. :)

eternalnewbee
November 2nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
Thanks for all your contributions, and look forward to seeing you around the Forums.

K.Mandla
November 2nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Cheers LaRoza! Thanks for your contributions and hard work. The forums are a better place because of you. (No matter what fuscia says. LOL! Just kidding. :lol: )

frankleeee
November 2nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry to see you step down, but you must follow your bliss. ;)

lswest
November 2nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah, best of luck with this new direction, and I agree, you did do a good job (with what I've seen) of moderating this forum.

PmDematagoda
November 2nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
It's a pity that you are leaving LaRoza, I was just going to prove to everyone that the Borg is just a story told to frighten little children:D. Anyway, it was great working with you on the moderator team and your time on the team and the reports is very much appreciated, I wish you all the best:).

talsemgeest
November 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry to see you step down, you have been absolutely brilliant. I'm sure that isn't going to stop you though...

handy
November 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Anything you contribute to the Ubuntu forums is an asset to same.

The job you did in the BY was remarkable, showing a great deal of bipartisanship under quite difficult circumstances at times. You also demonstrated a virtuosic skill in separating your own biases from your input as a mod'.

Bravo LaRoza! =D>

& thanks from me too. :guitar:

darrenn
November 2nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
Im glad your back as a regular user.

pp.
November 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
žanx fr all že ghoti.

Perfect Storm
November 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
All the best to LaRoza :KS
Hope you still up for teasing Joeb :mrgreen:

samjh
November 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think it's too easy to underestimate how much work a moderator needs to do in a large discussion board like this one.

As with everyone else who posted, I thank you for your efforts at keeping us all civil... sometimes. :p

You are still staying, right? Just not as a mod?

smoker
November 2nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
as long as you still hang about to cause mischief, lol,

best of luck in whatever you do, LaRoza :-)

fatality_uk
November 2nd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Best of luck!

PartisanEntity
November 2nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Dear Laroza, it was a pleasure sharing moderation tasks with you, and it will be a pleasure being part of the Ubuntu community with you :)

lukjad
November 2nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Arr! Ye be no longer a mod, so I can speak pyratey an' ye can't say anythin'! Harhar! http://i1.tinypic.com/zn3lnn.gif

Well, I'll miss you randomly changing my posts. And locking my threads for no reason. And... Wait a minute... *Mutters under breath.* Why should I be sad? I'll have the most peaceful time of my life! I'll be freeeeeee! Oh, wait... You'll still be here? No, really? Oh. Well, that's good. *Insert Fake Cheesy Grin here.*

Well, as long as you'll be around to annoy, all will be fine. ;) Hope to see you around just as much as before. :D

kevdog
November 2nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Yes the face of the forums has definitely changed. Im not sure if its better than when I first joined -- I'd just say a lot of lateral moves. I think LaRoza will attest to this too. With LaRoza out as a moderator, the forum once again changes it face once again. Wow.

LaRoza was an active poster way before coming a moderator. I do remember those days. Hopefully LaRoza will be just as prolific.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying good luck. Just because you are not a moderator, doesn't mean you don't have honor and standing in these forums.

Sef
November 2nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Will miss your modding, but will enjoy reading what you help others with. Glad you will still be around.

scragar
November 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Sorry to hear about you having stepped down LaRoza, I think the forums will be worse off without you modderating things, but if it gives you more time to make your insanely high post count even higher then I guess it's OK :P

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
žanx fr all že ghoti.

Spelling aside, I do know what ghoti is. I'd like to point out the so called inconsistant spellings in English are due to previous pronounciations, so "though" for example as spoken as it was spelled. After time, the pronounciation changed, and the spelling didn't.

And you're welcome :-)

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
LaRoza was an active poster way before coming a moderator. I do remember those days. Hopefully LaRoza will be just as prolific.

Thanks :-) Yes, those were the good old days and I'm going back to them :-)

I'm not sure why everyone is saying good luck. Just because you are not a moderator, doesn't mean you don't have honor and standing in these forums.

And I finally get my new images :-) I wanted my Ubuntu Membership icons, but they wouldn't let me while I was a mod.

Sorry to hear about you having stepped down LaRoza, I think the forums will be worse off without you modderating things, but if it gives you more time to make your insanely high post count even higher then I guess it's OK :P
The forum staff are great. They do listen to suggestions from anyone as much as they listen to each other. Any thing I did as a moderator can be done without being one, although, although with an extra step. This forum is heavily community run, even though it isn't a democracy.

I know some people think suggestions aren't heard, or that the staff can be distant from regular users, but they aren't. Regular users may miss parts of staff discussions, but their input is always used.

chucky chuckaluck
November 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Spelling aside, I do know what ghoti is. I'd like to point out the so called inconsistant spellings in English are due to previous pronounciations, so "though" for example as spoken as it was spelled. After time, the pronounciation changed, and the spelling didn't.

with england having been invaded so many times in its history, by so many different cultures, it has given us a richness to our language that has been missed out on by native speakers of more impenetrable countries.

lukjad
November 2nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Like Canada.

slavik
November 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
As I said in IRC: "WTF?!"

wieman01
November 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
LaRoza, I am sorry to see you leave, but I know you will still be around. I wish you all the best, mate!

drubin
November 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
I just want to say that the true genius i knowing ones limitations.

Well, I guess I'd like to go back to my original purpose of helping and being helped, instead of worrying about things. I am a geek, not a diplomat :-)

If this is what makes you happy and will increase your enjoyment of the forums I am glad you did it. I will however be sad to see you leave your possition of power(Sadly this is a lie hehe). This will how ever give you more time to increase your post count. (I assume the staff forum does not do this). OMG here comes a forum crash :) not that the borg has any thing to do with the lack of hardware.

So, I say to all the wonderful staff, especially Joeb454 whom I respect although we often played around with name mangling, and to all the forum members, I've hoped my time as a moderator will be seen as largely positive, and the time as a member of the forum as only positive :-)

I just want to add to this thread and I feel I might be violating the CoC's by repeating what other people have said.

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication!
It is just a testimate to that there are still good people in the world willing to give fully of their time selflessly in order to help others.

I have no doubt that we(Normal users) will be seeing you more on the forums and irc with the extra time you might have.

~drubin

EdThaSlayer
November 2nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
I'm perplexed by this decision of yours to leave your post prematurely. However, I'm amazed at your desire to become normal once more, has the Borg queen finally become a borg drone? Only time will tell, and thank you for your time as queen of the forums La Roza. :KS

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words (most of them) drubin :-)

I'm perplexed by this decision of yours to leave your post prematurely. However, I'm amazed at your desire to become normal once more, has the Borg queen finally become a borg drone? Only time will tell, and thank you for your time as queen of the forums La Roza. :KS
Hey, I was always me at all times. I am not normal. My knowledge, strengths, and shortcomings are exactly the same.

I will always be the Borg Queen.

drubin
November 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words (most of them) drubin :-)
I tried language is not my strongest point

I will always be the Borg Queen.
Long live the borg

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
I tried language is not my strongest point

žen I forgive the next error ;)

Long live the borg

Borg, not "borg".

bapoumba
November 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Please continue to enjoy the forums LaRoza, and to have fun, that is what it is all about :)

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Please continue to enjoy the forums LaRoza, and to have fun, that is what it is all about :)

Thanks, I hope you have fun too :-)

Also, it isn't about fun, but money. I only am on the forum for money. I have yet to find some, but I am hopeful.

Deep Blue
November 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
I am sad that you're stepping down LaRoza, maybe for the better of you. I'm sorry I haven't been around the forums much due to school and I've become addicted to games (I know, bad me) and am going to get some intrepid dual boot power soon.

Whoops, sorry about rambling offtopic there; I hope you have a nice day!

nikoPSK :)

drubin
November 2nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Borg, not "borg".

That was implied

bodhi.zazen
November 2nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
OMG :shock:

LaRoza, we will miss you on the staff.

/me sends LaRoza 10.000 PM :twisted:

arpanaut
November 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for your Time and Service!

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
OMG :shock:

LaRoza, we will miss you on the staff.

I hope you all miss me :-)

Its not like I won't be here ;)

frankleeee
November 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Is there a honorary scepter for your work. ;)

Joeb454
November 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Is there a honorary scepter for your work. ;)

Like the Staff Emeritus bean image? That's up to that admins (and LaRoza).

At least I don't have to worry about LaRoza abusing me in various unseen threads :p

Just Artificial Intelligence, compiledkernel & jacobmp92 to worry about now :p

lukjad
November 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM

At least I don't have to worry about LaRoza abusing me in various unseen threads :p

One down, 3 to go.

frankleeee
November 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM

All the mods seem to get along at least on the forums, I don't go to the IRC stuff so I don't know what goes on there, but I think overall the mods are fair and impartial to the extent any one of us can be at any given moment.;)

cardinals_fan
November 2nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
I only am on the forum for money.
Aren't we all?

I don't think I could ever handle moderating - too much pressure.

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
All the mods seem to get along at least on the forums, I don't go to the IRC stuff so I don't know what goes on there, but I think overall the mods are fair and impartial to the extent any one of us can be at any given moment.;)
It is common to abuse Joeb45 on že forum and IRC. You'll see it if you look around. It is joking of course, as people act like I'm a machine, etc.

drubin
November 2nd, 2008, 08:14 PM
It is common to abuse Joeb45 on že forum and IRC. You'll see it if you look around. It is joking of course, as people act like I'm a machine, etc.

It is not A machine, but THE Borg :)

pp.
November 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Not modding a phorum any more might be a rather drastic step in liphe. However, are there ožr marginal changes about to occur, such as a job, which you might care to tell us about?

It's, of course, all right if you do not want to mention such žings here and now. Just a way to express my best wishes for your liphe.

cmay
November 2nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
good luck to you laroza. a bit sad maybe but i do hope you stick around in the forums.
thanks for your services as a mod.

LaRoza
November 2nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Not modding a phorum any more might be a rather drastic step in liphe.
Not to me :-) I rearrrry don't rrive by the phorum, and it is a minor change to me. I wasn't always a mod.

However, are there ožr marginal changes about to occur, such as a job, which you might care to tell us about?
Nožing new, still looking for a better paying and full time job at že moment.

It's, of course, all right if you do not want to mention such žings here and now. Just a way to express my best wishes for your liphe.
Thank you :-)

rudihawk
November 2nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Hey Laroza
Thanks for all the info you have shared, I know that you've helped me more than once with little tit-bits of info that you have dropped here and there!
Heres to the next 14 000 posts!

Hope to see you around!

rudihawk
November 2nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Hey Laroza
Thanks for all the info you have shared, I know that you've helped me more than once with little tit-bits of info that you have dropped here and there!
Heres to the next 14 000 posts!

Hope to see you around!

ubuntu-freak
November 2nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
I'm confused... how can a plugin step down and decide it doesn't want to destroy spam anymore? For that matter, how can a plugin "want" anything?

But seriously, thanks for always being there for me, LaRoza. You got me through the whole difficult time I wasn't having, and I appreciate that.

Okay, seriously serious this time. I always thought of you as a forum moderator, but now I think of you as a Ubuntu member. In the future, when I look back at this moment, I'm going to remember it as the time I stopped thinking of you as a forum moderator, and started to think of you as a Ubuntu member.

drubin
November 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'm confused... how can a plugin step down and decide it doesn't want to destroy spam anymore? For that matter, how can a plugin "want" anything?

Never heard LaRoza being referred to as a plugin but pretty accurate :)

jpeddicord
November 2nd, 2008, 11:53 PM

Curses! Foiled again!

Now to hide five more threads about Joeb454 in various places scattered about the forums.

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Share please. I like t' bash 'im too... Pyrate thing. Arrr!

paul101
November 3rd, 2008, 12:27 AM
moving on?

we're always moving, just like ive decided to chase a career in MS (and thats a discussion for a whole new thread)

just dont try to hit the big BAN button, it wont be there, and all you'll get is a sore finger ;)

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
paul101 B&!

Rocket2DMn
November 3rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
So I go away for a few days and come back to find our resident borg/plug/machine has stepped down?

:(:(:(:(:(

Thank you for all your help and support LaRoza, we hope to keep seeing you around. Above all, we hope that your decision to step down works out for the best, and that you are happy with it. Cheers.

kevdog
November 3rd, 2008, 03:23 AM
LaRoza

You get a real job yet?

dmizer
November 3rd, 2008, 03:33 AM
Thanks for all your help LaRoza. Keep up the good work.

LaRoza
November 3rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Thanks everyone, but I'm still going to be here. The only difference would be that I won't be doing mod things, but technical support. Most people don't see mod actions anyway, so it isn't like anything has changed, except my more relaxed posting because I don't have to be a mod.

Okay, seriously serious this time. I always thought of you as a forum moderator, but now I think of you as a Ubuntu member. In the future, when I look back at this moment, I'm going to remember it as the time I stopped thinking of you as a forum moderator, and started to think of you as a Ubuntu member.

I was an Ubuntu Member for some time, but they wouldn't let me have the icons :-(

LaRoza

You get a real job yet?

I get enough money, and am working towards my degree. I am looking for a better job of course, but I'm not in a tight situation here.

kevdog
November 3rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
I remember the day you proclaimed you were an Ubuntu member -- a long time ago. If I recall right, you said you were skeptical at first, but then were very proud you became a member. Can you expound on the benefits of membership? I read the link you sent me about membership a long time ago, but the info page as described officially by the Ubuntu "juggernaut" was very vague and lacked depth and meaning. I was hoping you could fill in the pieces.

schauerlich
November 3rd, 2008, 06:18 AM
So LaRoza, can I have your mod powers if you aren't using them anymore?

bodhi.zazen
November 3rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
I remember the day you proclaimed you were an Ubuntu member -- a long time ago. If I recall right, you said you were skeptical at first, but then were very proud you became a member. Can you expound on the benefits of membership? I read the link you sent me about membership a long time ago, but the info page as described officially by the Ubuntu "juggernaut" was very vague and lacked depth and meaning. I was hoping you could fill in the pieces.

See these links :

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/processes/newmember

ubuntu-freak
November 3rd, 2008, 08:21 AM
I was an Ubuntu Member for some time, but they wouldn't let me have the icons :-(

Yeah, I realised that, I just felt like posting absolute nonesense. :)

Anywho, I'm sure you will have more fun as a regular poster. Have some :popcorn: to celebrate.

P.S. Thanks for your contribution in regards to keeping the forum usable. You have an insane post-count, so I'm guessing that equates to hyper-modding also.

myusername
November 3rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
LaRoza you were my favorite mod and always will be. Good luck to you and thanks for the hard work and dedication.

lisati
November 3rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
We appreciate all the time and effort you have put in to helping make these forums wonderful. Thank you, LaRoza. We hope we will be privileged to continue to see you around, even without being a staff member.

Ditto on the sentiments: It's always a pleasure reading LaRoza's comments on the forums.

Elfy
November 3rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
mmm - I wondered what had happened when I saw the ubuntu member thing yesterday, but didn't until I read this thread no why.

Can't say much other than echo the sentiments already posted by others, although I'm rather glad you were there in my hour of need.

alwez_loner
November 3rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hey LaRoza,

Congrats on your new chosen path... I see that there is alot of love for you on this forum....

Keep up the good work...

I-75
November 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Aren't we all?

I don't think I could ever handle moderating - too much pressure.

I would not mind moderating, but I'm sure there is a good list of others much more qualified than me. But I am open to the challenge.

forrestcupp
November 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Wow! I'm coming into this pretty late.

Thanks for doing a great job. You'll always be special to me because you gave me my first infraction. :)

I'm glad to hear you'll still be around. I hope you still visit the Cafe from time to time.

Now that you don't have to be looked at as a mod, maybe you'll finally officially reveal to the community that you are a female. :)

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Now that you don't have to be looked at as a mod, maybe you'll finally officially reveal to the community that you are a female. :)
Or possibly mail.

drubin
November 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Wow! I'm coming into this pretty late.

Thanks for doing a great job. You'll always be special to me because you gave me my first infraction. :)

I'm glad to hear you'll still be around. I hope you still visit the Cafe from time to time.

This has been going on for a while now 123 pages (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=880412) of it.

Or possibly mail. Hey you stay back in our own thread leave this one alone :)

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
I be here fer a while. Ye can't be stoppin' me now!

LaRoza
November 3rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
I remember the day you proclaimed you were an Ubuntu member -- a long time ago. If I recall right, you said you were skeptical at first, but then were very proud you became a member. Can you expound on the benefits of membership?

Really, not much. If you care about Ubuntu itself, it is something one can be proud of, but otherwise, it is just a listing on launchpad and a possible email address.

LaRoza you were my favorite mod and always will be. Good luck to you and thanks for the hard work and dedication.

Thanks :-) I didn't know I had fans, y'all were so quiet...

Ditto on the sentiments: It's always a pleasure reading LaRoza's comments on the forums.

Thank you :-) Its nice to know my posts don't carry the weight of the typical youtube comment :-)

Can't say much other than echo the sentiments already posted by others, although I'm rather glad you were there in my hour of need.
Wasn't it more like days?

And you know what they say, anything worth doing once is worth doing again, but the next time, I won't be the cause of it.

I just went to your profile to check out the infraction to see if I could reverse it (I did reverse infractions when asked most of the time.) and I couldn't find the infraction tab... Oh well. I don't remember what it was, but I hope it has expired.

Or male, or not. You'll never know. There is one person on this forum who knows the truth (not just "thinks") that I didn't tell, and there are three that know because I told, and there are a bunch who think they know because I gave them misinformation. Good luck sorting them all out.

talsemgeest
November 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Or male, or not. You'll never know. There is one person on this forum who knows the truth (not just "thinks") that I didn't tell, and there are three that know because I told, and there are a bunch who think they know because I gave them misinformation. Good luck sorting them all out.
Whoa, my heads spinning! :lolflag:

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks :-) I didn't know I had fans, y'all were so quiet...

Well, if we said that when you were a mod, you may not have believed us because you would think that we just wanted to have a mod be favourably disposed to us. Now that you are not a mod you will only think that we want to know if you are a guy or a girl. ;)

Joeb454
November 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
I think you should tell us who knows - so their inbox's get barraged with information.

I still don't know properly, but I have a decent idea

Joeb454
November 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I think you should tell us who knows - so their inbox's get barraged with information.

Elfy
November 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Wasn't it more like days? And you know what they say, anything worth doing once is worth doing again, but the next time, I won't be the cause of it.

It felt like weeks - of course the other thing they say is - if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well - and it was.

So all the time I was saying it was someone else it was you then :)

Elfy
November 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
When Downloading Intrepid (8.10) - Please Use Torrents!!

mmm - when posting please only post once

LaRoza
November 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM

You know me, I'd give names of random people for the sole purpose of spreading confusion :-)

Perhaps it is for the best of everyone that I am not a mod...

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 06:36 PM

Double poster! :evil:

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM

Double poster!! :evil:

scragar
November 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
Double poster! :evil:

Double poster!! :evil:

W0w, way to tell him off.

:P

You know me, I'd give names of random people for the sole purpose of spreading confusion :-)

Awe, don't say that, you made a really good mod.

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
W0w, way to tell him off.

:P

You have to admit the drollness of it... :p

forrestcupp
November 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
I just went to your profile to check out the infraction to see if I could reverse it (I did reverse infractions when asked most of the time.) and I couldn't find the infraction tab... Oh well. I don't remember what it was, but I hope it has expired.
I think infractions can only be checked by the user and the mods/admins.

You reversed it immediately after you gave it. I think I was one of your first because it was within a day of you becoming a mod. We don't need to talk about what it was because I apologized to you for it and it's in the past.

But I'll never forget the fake infraction you gave me for double posting in the OPP. :)

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM

You reversed it immediately after you gave it. I think I was one of your first because it was within a day of you becoming a mod. We don't need to talk about what it was because I apologized to you for it and it's in the past.

But I'll never forget the fake infraction you gave me for double posting in the OPP. :)
That's priceless.

LaRoza
November 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM

Yes, I just forgot :-)

Hey, you brought it up :-)

Ah yes, I sent a couple of people those at some point. All got the joke, except for one (vorian...)

That's priceless.
Another word for "free".

lukjad
November 3rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
priceless: adj. invaluable; having incalculable monetary, intellectual, or spiritual worth

Sealbhach
November 4th, 2008, 12:14 AM
It was nice being moderated by you La Roza. You're firm but fair.;)

Jim!
November 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Good riddons I never like you much anywa.......LaRoza! You did a good job as a mod, will be good to see you around the forums - as an equal..... The only normal member that is on an equal level with the mods. :)

bodhi.zazen
November 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Good riddons I never like you much anywa.......LaRoza! You did a good job as a mod, will be good to see you around the forums - as an equal..... The only normal member that is on an equal level with the mods. :)

LOL

I think one of the qualities amongst the staff, is the attitude

we are all equals.

It is exactly this attitude that makes these forums what they are.

lukjad
November 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM
LOL

I think one of the qualities amongst the staff, is the attitude

we are all equals.

It is exactly this attitude that makes these forums what they are.
But you exist on a higher plane than we poor black font colour ubuntuforums members.

Rocket2DMn
November 4th, 2008, 01:32 AM
We are just here to draw attention away from the real source of power...

drubin
November 4th, 2008, 02:28 AM

Yes and I am from England.. :) or was it Tanzania??

We are just here to draw attention away from the real source of power...
YES!! mostly truthfull point on the forums the mods are just here to draw our attention from the real bot/borg/plugin that does the work. - LaRoza.

man LaRoza ?

drubin@gizmo:~$ man LaRoza
No manual entry for LaRoza

Told you she was automated.

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 02:31 AM
man LaRoza ?

Or woman.

drubin
November 4th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Or woman.

drubin@gizmo:~$ woman LaRoza
bash: woman: command not found
Fail!! LaRoza is borg = Fact.
woman Laroza not found = Fact
By definition she must be a man.

Therefore LaRoza = man (Proved above) heheh

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Fail!! LaRoza is borg = Fact.
woman Laroza not found = Fact
By definition she must be nam.

Therefore LaRoza = man (Proved above) heheh

I must be nam? Viet optional?

drubin
November 4th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I must be nam? Viet optional?

Lies it was all lies and photo shop to get that miss quote :)

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Lies it was all lies and photo shop to get that miss quote :)

I didn't miss a quote. Or did you mean "mis-"?

drubin
November 4th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I didn't miss a quote. Or did you mean "mis-"?

I am not having a good night am I? lol time for bed and no more posting.
gnite.

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 02:45 AM
I am not having a good night am I? lol time for bed and no more posting.
gnite.

Good night :-)

*click*

snova
November 4th, 2008, 02:51 AM
*click*

THE SUN WENT OUT!

pesky forum...

LaRoza
November 4th, 2008, 02:54 AM
THE SUN WENT OUT!

pesky forum...

No, he's in ZA, where everything has to have clicks in it.

drubin
November 4th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Good night :-)

*click*

Made my morning.
(But I did take it as a double meaning :P)

kellemes
November 6th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your time and effort to keep this forum tidy as it is.

Tomatz
November 13th, 2008, 08:07 PM
with england having been invaded so many times in its history, by so many different cultures, it has given us a richness to our language that has been missed out on by native speakers of more impenetrable countries.

England hasn't been invaded since 1066... Something that no other country can boast me ol' cobba :P

xpod
November 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM
England hasn't been invaded since 1066... Something that no other country can boast me ol' cobba :P

Not from over the water anyway:wink:

http://www.deremilitari.org/resources/articles/mcnamee1.htm