PDA

View Full Version : OH NOES!!! Microsoft is invading my life!!!!!!!!!!!

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
Yup. Microsoft is invading my life... every since I started to use linux more then Windows. Now I'm being haunted by Microsoft. It started in the computer labs, I get a lot of crashes, errors, and weird happening, ect... Then in band we got a piece for the song in Halo 3 and when I looked at the credits, there it was "Microsoft". Microsoft is invading my music now D:

Then.. a month later I was watching TV. I used to watch Anime (Naruto, Bleach, ect...) on YTV but I stopped. Now I decided to watch it after 5 months of not watching it, and when I saw a show called "Blue Dragon" I know Microsoft was invading anime. It was bases upon the game "Blue Dragon" which was published by "Microsoft Games" which means the staff credits would probably have "Microsoft" somewhere in there. Anyone know where I can get a can of Microsoft-be-gone or an exorcist?

-grubby
November 2nd, 2008, 01:53 AM
What's wrong with MS in this context? It doesn't seem as if it's done anything to make said things worse.

Old Marcus
November 2nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
There is only one solution. You must capture Steve Ballmer, tie him to the stake and light a holy fire beneath him to purify his soul. If You're being really thorough, do the same to Bill Gates, but a larger fire. Only then can you be free of the Haunting Microsoft.

Note: Doing the above, although considered by every Linux/Mac user a public service, it is considered murder by the law. Only attempt if you feel up to spending your life cooped in a cell with several sex-depraved skinheads.

Good Luck! :)

master5o1
November 2nd, 2008, 01:56 AM
Become a hermit and sell all your assets to live in the jungle.

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 01:57 AM
There is only one solution. You must capture Steve Ballmer, tie him to the stake and light a holy fire beneath him to purify his soul. If You're being really thorough, do the same to Bill Gates, but a larger fire. Only then can you be free of the Haunting Microsoft.

Note: Doing the above, although considered by every Linux/Mac user a public service, it is considered murder by the law. Only attempt if you feel up to spending your life cooped in a cell with several sex-depraved skinheads.

Good Luck! :)

Nah. Too much work.

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 01:58 AM
What's wrong with MS in this context? It doesn't seem as if it's done anything to make said things worse.

Your only cool if you make fun of Microsoft :p

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 01:58 AM
Become a hermit and sell all your assets to live in the jungle.

Until Microsoft buys the jungle.

tvtech
November 2nd, 2008, 01:59 AM
I'm guessing ignoring marcus's post would be wise.

my suggestion is that you can't avoid it it's there it has an obscene market share and it runs everything including most of the odds and ends that bring you TV. although linux is finally making it into the main stream broadcast market embedded windows is in there pretty pervasively. so enjoy it hope for a democratic house and senate and maybe they'll break the monopoly.

Old Marcus
November 2nd, 2008, 02:02 AM
I've a feeling sarcasm is incompatible with Ubuntu Forums. :-P

master5o1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:02 AM

oh crap i didnt think of that

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
I'm guessing ignoring marcus's post would be wise.

my suggestion is that you can't avoid it it's there it has an obscene market share and it runs everything including most of the odds and ends that bring you TV. although linux is finally making it into the main stream broadcast market embedded windows is in there pretty pervasively. so enjoy it hope for a democratic house and senate and maybe they'll break the monopoly.

Yup. I am not going to do what Marcus said. lol. I'm in another country. Too much work joking. I'm ok with Microsoft, I just like bashing them as well as Apple.

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:04 AM

Yea. Try using WINE that might fix it.

master5o1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:04 AM
I've a feeling sarcasm is incompatible with ubuntu forums. :P

i usually wrap my sarcasm within magenta coloured letters to avoid the confusion of whether someone can tell if it is sarcasm or not

i dont see whats so bad about microsoft they do make a pretty good computing platform

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:06 AM
oh crap i didnt think of that

That's the power of the almighty nerd for ya!

-grubby
November 2nd, 2008, 02:09 AM
i dont see whats so bad about microsoft they do make a pretty good computing platform

Linux is the best operating system ever

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:11 AM
That's the power of the almighty nerd for ya!

Dang I just lost another game of Atomic tanks.

master5o1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:12 AM
Dang I just lost another game of Atomic tanks.

Crap I just lost the game!

benjgvps
November 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM

Nah, Just run it in WINE.

Windows is FINE. Who gives a damn if there is a TV show with a game based off it published by Microsoft. It is like saying you won't eat meat because it was cut with a knife!

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:16 AM
crap i just lost the game!

omg i just lost again

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:16 AM

I already said that.

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:17 AM

Windows is FINE. Who gives a damn if there is a TV show with a game based off it published by Microsoft. It is like saying you won't eat meat because it was cut with a knife!

Who told you that? That was my little secret D:

benjgvps
November 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
I already said that.

Not everyone reads all the pages in a thread before posting :).

master5o1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM

I only eat if it is cut with lasers (and on special occasions if the meat was cut with a shark's laser).

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:21 AM
Not everyone reads all the pages in a thread before posting :).

I never read before posting!

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:22 AM
I only eat if it is cut with lasers (and on special occasions if the meat was cut with a shark's laser).

I cut my meat with a fork. Honestly.

tvtech
November 2nd, 2008, 02:23 AM
I'm all for sarcasm and a microsux free world. but.... the gvmt here in the good old usa likes to read things like that and knock on doors. it's how do you call it.. orwellian. however over there in the UK you've got 1 camera for every 14 people so you probably know the feeling.

just to get a little off topic but... microsoft runs most of the software for these camera closed circuit systems!

tvtech
November 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM
just read the last post in a thread then post away

master5o1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM

Sounds like a plan.

tvtech
November 2nd, 2008, 02:27 AM
I'm at a boston Bruins game at the TD banknorth garden that's hockey for you non USA folks it's a sport here and in canada and maybe russia. and i'm in the forums instead of watching the game.

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:28 AM
ROFL. I can get him yet he can't get me :)

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:28 AM
Sounds like a plan.

What plan?

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:31 AM

Who said I would even read that you told me to read the last post?

tvtech
November 2nd, 2008, 02:40 AM
hey your the one that quoted it, not me why didn't you do a screen shot of just the active window?

nerd0795
November 2nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
hey your the one that quoted it, not me why didn't you do a screen shot of just the active window?

oops >.<

master5o1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:57 AM
What plan?

i dont know...

Ptero-4
March 24th, 2009, 07:06 AM
ROFL. I can get him yet he can't get me :)
Nice game you got there.

amitabhishek
March 24th, 2009, 01:17 PM

The new jungle will be the most dominant jungle. You would need to accept EULA to enter the jungle.

tsali
March 24th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Google has beat them to it. No doubt that the jungle is mapped in several levels detail on Google Earth.

BTW, I used a new tool to allow me to "survey and demarcate" my property boundaries in the Google Earth jungle, so you'll now have to pay ME to enter MY jungle.

<actually I just painted a big rectangle on a Google Earth screen shot...>

MikeTheC
March 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Yup. Microsoft is invading my life... every since I started to use linux more then Windows. Now I'm being haunted by Microsoft. It started in the computer labs, I get a lot of crashes, errors, and weird happening, ect... Then in band we got a piece for the song in Halo 3 and when I looked at the credits, there it was "Microsoft". Microsoft is invading my music now D:

Then.. a month later I was watching TV. I used to watch Anime (Naruto, Bleach, ect...) on YTV but I stopped. Now I decided to watch it after 5 months of not watching it, and when I saw a show called "Blue Dragon" I know Microsoft was invading anime. It was bases upon the game "Blue Dragon" which was published by "Microsoft Games" which means the staff credits would probably have "Microsoft" somewhere in there. Anyone know where I can get a can of Microsoft-be-gone or an exorcist?

Me personally, I would chant "Anull Nathrack" repeatedly any time you start to feel Microsoft's presence. It will help to keep the evil at bay.

Also, start listening to strictly indie stuff. That will help keep you further away from Steve 'n Billy...