PDA

View Full Version : Who has the nerdiest girlfriend?

dcampbell
November 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Here's my entry. She's booting Intrepid in the background, while dressed up as Princess Leia for Halloween. Oh and should I mention I met her in a programming course, and she's a computer science major.

Grant A.
November 1st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Mine's nerdier, mainly because I don't have one. :P

chucky chuckaluck
November 1st, 2008, 06:32 PM
my wife couldn't care any less. on the rare occassion that i talk to her about something dealing with computers, she waits for the sound of my voice to stop and then vigorously changes the subject as quickly as possible.

dcobert
November 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM
Not that nerdy. lol. Come on...There are so many nerdier things out there. Like the person who played Winney Cooper on Wonder Years....dressed up like princess Leia. That was a shinning moment in nerdism history. :p

toupeiro
November 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
I dont know if she's the nerdiest, but she has a good amount of nerd-dom for me. My fiance dual boots XP and Ubuntu Studio on her PC, when I met her, she was reading a book on TCP/IP stacks. She is a graphic designer by profession, but she also managed the system backups of her company because nobody else knew how to. She likes the same stuff I do. How far she chooses to go with it doesn't matter. Anyway, I think its cool.

ELD
November 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
My girlfriend has an Alienwear pc, dell laptop, 2 monitors and a ps2 all on the same desk.

She plays spore, crysis etc.

She loves me for being a nerd too.

No one can beat that.

Sealbhach
November 1st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Mine's nerdier, mainly because I don't have one. :P

LOL!!! Good answer!:)

Does an anime girlfriend count?

ankursethi
November 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
I am yet to meet a nerdy girl.

(I know a CS major who runs Win98 on her PC because it "just runs faster". I didn't tell her that this was because all the spyware that's clogging up her WinXP system isn't compatible with Win98 anymore.)

ankursethi
November 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
I am yet to meet a nerdy girl.

(I know a CS major who runs Win98 on her PC because it "just runs faster". I didn't tell her that this was because all the spyware that's clogging up her WinXP system isn't compatible with Win98 anymore.)

pp.
November 1st, 2008, 08:56 PM
... she waits for the sound of my voice to stop and then vigorously changes the subject as quickly as possible.

Either you're the taciturn type or your wife is more patient than mine because it never would occur to her to wait until I'm done speaking...

Saint Angeles
November 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
my fiance has ubuntu on her laptop, loves to read books, but wears contacts instead of glasses.

shes more "hot" than "nerdy" though

teaker1s
November 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM
gf has been converted to linux, she has two pc's I have 5 total 7.

chucky chuckaluck
November 2nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Either you're the taciturn type or your wife is more patient than mine because it never would occur to her to wait until I'm done speaking...

it's what's left of her southern manners.