PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] partionioner ??

pixelstuff
November 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hi all
I decided to do a nice fresh install with the new version but I dont trust this partitioner. It keeps talking of RESIZING my drive and then installing in a partition that does look like the correct one but if the dear installer does not show all my partitions I just do not trust it.
I really dont understand why the normal gparted is not used where you see what you are doing. I started gparted from the live cd and reformated the linux partion but now I|d like to say: Please install in THIS partition and the others look fine, leave them alone, thank you :mad:
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you!

pixelstuff
November 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
I had another look at the installer and it shows all partions in the before bar and in the after bar tints my data plus the linux partion as Ubuntu. I want my data partion left alone, how can I let this thing know? The manual option shows only Ubuntu on the whole drive, not exactly trustworthy to click on forward and see if I can set something manually. :confused:

pixelstuff
November 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Meanwhile I reinstalled Ubuntustudio 8.04 and there, the text installer also had the option manual which I always use and all the other options looked like on the graphical installer. So maybe the "preview" on the new graphical partitioner of what would happen if I choose "manual" is arbitrary, and I can safely choose everything in the next step? :lolflag: Is it so? I am just scared to kill my data drive..
Thank you