PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My Home Directory is gone ...

haneya
November 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
Hi Everybody after updrading to intrepid ibex that weird problem happend , I tried to check if home still there but no luck , couse of that now i cant access to my user accout looks like i have to make a new user account but i cant do it because there no interface to do this , is it possible to make a new user accout using CLI or is there any way to restore my home directory , or may if i can access to GUI using root accout but i dont know what is the password :confused: well am out of ideas cna some one help me please

thanks

Partyboi2
November 1st, 2008, 08:34 AM
If you can boot into recovery mode you can create a new user by

adduser -G admin namechange name to the username you want to use.

haneya
November 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
thanks for ur reply but thats didnt do it , i guess because Home directroy deleted there not configration files any more because of that i cant use Gnome , well the problem starts after restarting my system ubunut check files FSCK automaticlly but in the middile of that error shown and asked to complete FSCK manualy so i did , and i just asowerd yes for FIX or Change thats what happened exactly , I guess there is a chance to get my systme back to work instead of new installation Am I right ?