PDA

View Full Version : I got Ibex, but will all my hardy stuff work on it?

Lord Xeb
October 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
I would like to upgrade but will my stuff work?

jeyaganesh
November 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I have no much problem with Ibex upgradation except headphone problem. Whenever i connect headphone, system sound goes off.

the yawner
November 6th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Which Hardy stuff exactly?

Ozor Mox
November 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Try this, I find it works for me:

1. Backup all important data.
2. Run upgrade.
3. Try out Ibex. If everything works proceed to step 4. If things are broken, proceed to step 5.
4. Do a little dance. Make a little love. Get down tonight, doo doo.
5. Attempt to fix or work around broken things with the help of the forums, documentation, bug reports etc. If successful, proceed to step 4. If unsuccessful, proceed to step 6.
6. Reinstall Hardy, restore all important data backed up in step 1, and stick with what works.

Vitamin-Carrot
November 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
From my experience so far with Ibex

I know that some stuff for hardy works on Ibex the main one i found was that the Hardy package for Virtual Box works on Ibex but you will need to add usb to fstab.

steeleyuk
November 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Just try the Live CD? :?

lukjad
November 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Just try the Live CD? :?
And just how do you install multiple programs on a live CD that is on a ten year old computer? Sometimes you can only run a test on the live cd, the actual problem is that there are too many programs installed to try them all out on the fly, especially when you have old hardware.

steeleyuk
November 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM
IBM Thinkpad T43 Pentium M 1.86GHz, 1.5GB RAM, ATI X300

Thats not an old machine...

LaRoza
November 6th, 2008, 10:11 PM
If your current setup works, don't change it unless you are willing to deal with things that needs to be fixed.

This applies for all setups. You have three years to decide.

lukjad
November 6th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Thats not an old machine...
Note the word, especially. I was speaking more of myself than of the OP. Just wanted to give some perspective.

Lord Xeb
November 7th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Note the word, especially. I was speaking more of myself than of the OP. Just wanted to give some perspective.
I do not mean the machine. I mean like hardy programs and such. e_e this thing is an '04 :D also, it was 2800 USD in its day >_> what now