PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.10 Compiz drama.

IanDaMusical
October 31st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hello. So I had Hardy as of yesterday but upgraded to Intrepid with everyone else. See, I hadn't had dual booting in a while, and was feeling like reinstalling windows, fully aware of what it would do to the ubuntu partition. so I reinstalled windows on another partition, then reinstalled with my Hardy disc back on the partition it was on before. then i upgraded to Intrepid. Here's my Problem.

When I am in CompizConfigSettingsManager, if I push the wrong things, the screen blinks for a moment and when it comes back, none of the compiz settings work at all. For example, I use the 3d cube and rotating cube plugins, and when I touch other plugins, it blinks, then no compiz works. I am, at the moment, with wobbly windows plugin checked, yet my windows are not wobbly. i have the Animations plugin checked, yet when i minimize my window, no animation happens. though the cube is on, when i push alt ctrl right, it merely makes the next screen *poof* appear instantly, instead of the normal animation. so Here am i. looking for a bit of help.

from what i've seen on the forums thus far, yall tend to ask for more information to be able to hone in on the problem, so i'll tell you anthing you need to know.

Thanks a ton,
ian