PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading to ibex from development version

andreselsuave
October 31st, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hi there

I'm running the development version of intrepid ibex with some major bugs and now I want to upgrade to the official release. My update manager doesn't show anything new... (I've already set the distribution updates to normal). what can I do? Do I have to make a fresh new installation?

Thanks a lot

Partyboi2
October 31st, 2008, 09:45 AM
If you are current with all the updates then you are already running the final release.

master5o1
October 31st, 2008, 09:49 AM
I agree with Partyboi2. But you could try opening update manager from the terminal/alt+F2 and using `update-manager -d` as the command to search for a dist. upgrade.

kszys
October 31st, 2008, 10:33 AM
I agree with Partyboi2. But you could try opening update manager from the terminal/alt+F2 and using `update-manager -d` as the command to search for a dist. upgrade.

I am in a simmilar situation (i.e., was running Intrepid for some time now), so I thought I would give it a try as well...

Funny thing, when I try to run "update-manager -d" on the terminal in GNOME, I get

/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:72: GtkWarning: could not open display
warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/update-manager", line 44, in <module>
gtk.init_check()
RuntimeError: could not open display