PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

Tamlynmac
October 31st, 2008, 05:27 AM
We had a number of youngsters show up at our door tonight all dressed up for trick or treating. As a kid I remember how excited we were to go out and get free candy with all the other neighborhood kids- life was good. But starting a day early? We were told (by one of the parents) that they take their younger children out the night before and that way the younger kids can be home handing out candy on Halloween night.

Just seems to take some of the excitement out of trick or treating, when kids have to stay home on the actual night. I know my grandchildren are extremely excited about going tomorrow night and we were told that staying home tomorrow night doesn't sound like a good option.LOL

Anyway, I was just wondering how many others are witnessing or participating in this phenomenon? Seems it would be like celebrating Christmas or Thanksgiving on the day before.

-grubby
October 31st, 2008, 05:32 AM
Probably not

schauerlich
October 31st, 2008, 05:57 AM
Probably not

Lolz, you live in the middle of nowhere.

-grubby
October 31st, 2008, 06:18 AM
Lolz, you live in the middle of nowhere.

I can always go to "town" (more like village :P) if I want to

schauerlich
October 31st, 2008, 03:06 PM
I can always go to "town" (more like village :P) if I want to

Except you're 12 miles away.

LaRoza
October 31st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Except you're 12 miles away.

And when he gets there, he is still in the middle of no where.

Corfy
November 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Our trick-or-treat was Halloween night. My wife and I don't have kids, so we just gave out candy, although we both dressed up (I was a Ghostbuster, complete with my own custom proton pack... my wife dressed up in a Victorian-era outfit).

Our first trick-or-treat at our current house, we had 46. The next year, we had 67. Last year, we had 80. I don't know if it was the good weather, the fact that it was a Friday night, or a combination of the two, but this year we had 168 trick-or-treaters come to our door.

We didn't have anyone come to our door Thursday night, and we were at an Ubuntu release party Saturday, so I don't know if anyone came, or wanted to come, to our house then.