PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 8.10 Wheres the new Theme?

Project NZ
October 31st, 2008, 04:10 AM
hi
iv always been a fan of ubuntu since the 7.10 release
but i was kinda counting on a new Theme

i have just downloaded Ubuntu 8.10
is it me or is this the same default theme as the 8.04

is there different themes for this that i can download?

Ng Oon-Ee
October 31st, 2008, 09:15 AM
It looks almost the same, but darker in general (just the wallpapers).

Alternatively, if you've upgraded instead of doing a clean install, it keeps your previous theme, so you won't be able to see the new theme. Go to your Appearances settings to choose the new themes.

alwez_loner
October 31st, 2008, 09:41 AM
hi
iv always been a fan of ubuntu since the 7.10 release
but i was kinda counting on a new Theme

i have just downloaded Ubuntu 8.10
is it me or is this the same default theme as the 8.04

is there different themes for this that i can download?

Well the changes with Intrepid is not only on the Themes but also on the features.

The themes are almost the same but for Hardy the color was like orange and in Intrepid its brown. Incase you want more themes then you ca go to www.gnome-look.com

ad_267
October 31st, 2008, 09:44 AM
There were some great community themes made for this release. Download the community-themes package from the Synaptic package manager and then check out the Dust and New Wave themes.

Jammy4041
October 31st, 2008, 10:43 AM
The "Enter your Password to Perform Administrative Tasks" screen is a lot darker in Intrepid compared to other versions. There is also a new "dark room" theme, which I personally do not like, but you might like to try it·

bluedalmatian
October 31st, 2008, 07:01 PM
I dont like the change to the scroll bars in 8.10, preferred the previous style

theduffman
October 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM
Dust theme for me blows any other out the water.. And i hate the dark human theme, i expected better. Default human is fine however, slightly darker than before, much better. They need to work with the Dust guy and get it made default :)