PDA

View Full Version : New Member

arganot
November 29th, 2005, 03:45 AM
i would like to say hello everyone and also for sorry i did not know about ubuntu first before getting fedora 4 running on my system.
but after checking into this distro. when my cd getts to my house im going to be doing a fresh install of ubuntu.
and as i say again hello everyone:p
Gerald Gay

psoleko
November 29th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the community. Last Fedora I tried was FC2, I was an on and off Redhat user before that and learned alot of my Linux skill with Redhat. Good luck with your install when you get the CD and let us know if you need any help.

GregSnowdon
December 1st, 2005, 12:44 AM
Hello from another newbie. I am using Breezy and am learning about Linux (Ubuntu) slowly but surely. Mine is a humble P3 450 system with an 8.4G drive and Radeon 7000 graphics card.
Keep checking the forums for advice. I've found them invaluable because although I am very Windows savvy I know nothing about Linux other than what I've picked up working with Ubuntu, and more to the point I do not know anyone locally (to me) who knows anything about Linux.

Anyway, best wishes:D

bwog
December 1st, 2005, 02:10 AM
In that case you are probably using a light desktop like xfce in xubuntu. I have been trying to install that today but ended up checking the hardware of my old computer.
I like to use a familiar OS (windows) next to ubuntu. I have seen users almost apologize for that, but it seems a good idea to me.
This a large community and it is not far away when you are at your computer.