PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ibex and Atheros WiFi

agentsmith23
October 31st, 2008, 02:35 AM
I am going to be upgrading to Ibex tomorrow. And i am just wondering if the Atheros WiFi drivers work instantly or if MadWiFi or ndiswrapper is still required to get it to work. I am fine using MadWiFi the way I am now in Hardy I am just hoping for it to instatntly work! If MadWiFi is still needed can it be installed the exact same way?

Thanks for any possible help!

lisati
October 31st, 2008, 02:37 AM
I am going to be upgrading to Ibex tomorrow. And i am just wondering if the Atheros WiFi drivers work instantly or if MadWiFi or ndiswrapper is still required to get it to work. I am fine using MadWiFi the way I am now in Hardy I am just hoping for it to instatntly work! If MadWiFi is still needed can it be installed the exact same way?

Thanks for any possible help!

Works ok with an Atheros AR2413 ......

agentsmith23
October 31st, 2008, 02:40 AM
Works ok with an Atheros AR2413 ......

I have either the AR5600 or AR5700, I can't remember which one. Did the AR2413 need MadWiFi or ndiswrapper in hardy to work? Thanks!

lisati
October 31st, 2008, 03:37 AM
I have either the AR5600 or AR5700, I can't remember which one. Did the AR2413 need MadWiFi or ndiswrapper in hardy to work? Thanks!

I haven't had a need for any drivers for the WiFi with Ubuntu, but I've seen thread for some other models (5007?) which didi.