PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 8.10, acer 3055

Redhammer999
October 30th, 2008, 11:38 PM
hi, BNIB (:) to the forum. I just created an 8.10 ubuntu disc (I know thats made up right, though maybe its a corrupt file? I made 2 of them to make sure) So I go to the laptop shove in the boot disc get up the menu. I first decided to "check disc for errors" to make sure it was ok and then nothing happened for 3-5mins. Is this normal?

So anyways I went to "install ubuntu" and it did the same black screen for 5-8 mins.

so whats wrong?

oh and computer meets all the specs that are needed. As usual I'm a microsuck fanboy so I'm trying to get into ubuntu a bit. and the Laptop has two partitions partition 1 being vista business edition 64-bit. and partition 2 has XP 64-bit pro (which is the one that i'm gonna give to ubuntu).

any help appreciated. Probably something newbish That I havnt thought of. But since I'm new to ubuntu I was trying to get it right :)

Partyboi2
October 31st, 2008, 12:03 AM
Did you check the md5sum (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM) that they matched after you downloaded the iso?

ropix4
October 31st, 2008, 01:12 AM
Hi!
I have a similar problem.I have Acer Aspire 3055, but the 8.10 is not work. The live-mode is not work, because the loading bar stop in 1/4. The installation is correct, but the operation system don't work. I tryed to run with ACPI=OFF and NOAPIC commands, so the bar is full load, but I become a dark screen. My CD and my memory is OK. Have you anything idea? :confused: