PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help installing Linux Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS Desktop Edition

RSK55555
October 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Okay I was interested in the Linux operating system. So I looked around on the web and I found a site that sends you free copies of Linux Ubuntu version 8.04.1 LTS Desktop Version. I have recieved the CD and I put it in my computer. The computer I was working with is a beater, nothing special. Well chose the option to install Ubuntu. And the first time it worked. It did everything. I got to the part where you enter your name and time zone and stuff like that. After wards it began installing, the installation was at 52% then I recieved an error. I have forgotten what it was. I remember clicking okay, and the computer restarted. I still had the CD in. so the main menu for the Ubuntu CD came up. I clicked install again. It loaded the Kernel, then the screen went completely black. In the top left there in a white line blinking. But nothing else. I couldn't do anything so I restarted the computer. It does the same loop as before. Now I'm stuck. I'm guessing I have no operating system on the computer. So what can I do? Is that computer useless, or can I do something. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

RSK55555
October 30th, 2008, 11:08 PM
help plz