PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intrepid Install issues

Craige4107
October 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Okay. Trying to upgrade Intrepid from Hardy. Install is hung at cleanup. Says it's searching for obsolete hardware. In the terminal, the last it says is, "Processing triggers for libc6...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place.

A little help here............Should I just try to abort and try to upgrade again??

bym007
October 30th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Okay. Trying to upgrade Intrepid from Hardy. Install is hung at cleanup. Says it's searching for obsolete hardware. In the terminal, the last it says is, "Processing triggers for libc6...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place.

A little help here............Should I just try to abort and try to upgrade again??

For a start, I would suggest you edit/adapt your thread title a little more specific to grab right sort of attention, as it is very vague currently.

May I suggest, "Upgrading from Hardy to Intrepid, Stuck on Cleaning" ...
Good luck ...

jf1991999
October 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I had the same issue. It took 2 hours to finish this stage. Just keep waiting :)

Craige4107
October 31st, 2008, 03:09 AM
For a start, I would suggest you edit/adapt your thread title a little more specific to grab right sort of attention, as it is very vague currently.

May I suggest, "Upgrading from Hardy to Intrepid, Stuck on Cleaning" ...
Good luck ...

Vague??? About as vague, and as helpful, I might add, as your answer. Considering the aggravation that this "upgrade" has caused me, AND many others, I could care less about your opinion. If you don't have an answer to the thread, then don't bother with your, less than helpful, suggestion.

Craige4107
October 31st, 2008, 03:12 AM
I had the same issue. It took 2 hours to finish this stage. Just keep waiting :)

Thanks for the input JF. Although this seems ridiculous, and not at all acceptable, to say the least, it is what I will try at this point. I just hope it is really worth the effort in the long run. At this point, I am far from impressed with Ubuntu. Maybe I will change my mind.

The Developer
October 31st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Just be patient. It's a pain in the backside but it does eventually finish the "searching for obsolete packages" stage. It took about an hour and a half for me.

Craige4107
November 1st, 2008, 12:05 AM
Well, JF and Developer, I did what you suggested and as you said, it got past this and appeared to install. Upon reboot it showed the 8.04 grub, and promptly hung when I clicked on it. I'm not even gonna go through the issues this time. I'm gonna give Open Suse a chance. I don't wanna give up on Linux, but I'm just about done with Ubuntu. Thanks anyway guys.